Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the gunmetal gray plastidip? I have a WH car and I want to try some plastidip on my wheels. I dont want black or white and I love how the silver looks but ive always wondered how the car would look with a darker gray color on the wheels. Im trying to make sure this stuff doesnt look like primer. I saw the color sample on their website but I cant tell how it will look. Anyone have any experience with this color?

·
Registered
895 Posts
A buddy tried it, it looked more primer than an actual gunmetal. I've got 3 cans in the garage I've never used.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do it but use silver metalizer over it!! I nearly did that myself but did a white base with silver metalizer instead. It looks good, but it's also VERY white. I think it would look good with gunmetal with about 4 coats of silver metalizer over it. Please try it and post pics!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I want to try it. I wonder how many cans of the color and how many cans of the metalizer (sp?) I will need for the stock 19's? Ive used the stuff before but for small things like the door handles on my foxbody and other small trim pieces. Local stores only carry black....I guess I will have to order it.

I just hope it turns out a good bit darker than the stock wheels. I dont want black though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
3 cans of the metalizer would be enough for 4 wheels. Dipyourcar.com has a package you can get for all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3 cans of the metalizer would be enough for 4 wheels. Dipyourcar.com has a package you can get for all 4 wheels.
Cool. I think I want to pick up a few cans of white too. If I go on a roadtrip I can dip the front end, mirror covers, etc and then only have to "peel" the layer of bugs and grime off when I get home. :ftw:

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
GONNA DIP MY GT 19S THIS WEEKEND, and i have mgm car. i think ill "mettalize" too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts