Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been cold here lately and I haven't really been able to test out my new cam, so I decided to make a trip down to mexico. I'm in the center lane, cruising down one of the main strips in mexico when I see a red CTS coming behind me. I think nothing of it and continue about my drive. As I pull up to a light, I realize this is no boring CTS, it has a raised hood and some lettering on the side spelling out "supercharged" I look over at the guy and he doesn't seem interested so I think nothing of it. When the light turned green however, he mashed the gas sending this CTS-V about 2 bus lengths in front of me. I get to the next light and the guy looks over at me smiling. I figured why not at least try, I know that he's got more power and such but I'm curious to see how the new setup would fair in comparison to the caddy. I shift over to sport mode and turn TC off. The light turns green and we both mash the throttle, to my surprise there wasn't a red caddy flying by me, but there he was in my rearview mirror. Neither gaining nor pulling, but just sitting there about 2 car lengths behind. I let off at around 80 as we are coming up to another light. He pulls next to me no longer smiling or looking at me, but with an expression of anger on his face. I hear the caddy's brakes creaking as if he were to launch as soon as the light goes green, so I follow suite and prepare for another run. When the light turns, we both leave hard, grasping for traction we both spin a little. And once again to my surprise the supercharged caddy is fading away, and I appear to be slowly pulling on him. I shut down at around 90 this time with the caddy 2 lengths behind. He roars past and quickly lets off, some fruit truck was going slow in his lane. I notice his plate says "SVTKILR" and kinda chuckle to myself. I begin to pace him and tried giving him the thumbs up but instead I get no response from this guy and he proceeds to get over a lane and slow down. I had no intention of hurting this guys feelings but hey he started it!:judge: On paper I know I shouldn't have won, but truth is I wasn't expecting to either. CTS-V's are serious cars, maybe he spun a little more than I did, maybe I just got the the jump both times. regardless a win is a win and I couldn't be happier with this cam!

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
115 Posts
Nice Kill! I never would have expected that one either! Cheers from Royal Oak - cannot wait to get the beast out for the year!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
LTs, cam, head work, tune.... yeah I can see it, especially near sea level. Good job !

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great run man.... I'm sure you hurt his pride alot on that one. He bit off more than he could chew. You honestly can never underestimate some cars, because you never know what they have done to the engine. Too bad he wasn't a good sport about it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Nice!!! Its all in the GM family and we should all be proud.... unfortunately the CTSV guy is scratching his head and not sure what happened.... and too cocky to be cool about it.... Enjoy

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice!! I test drove a 2013 CTS-V coupe. It seemed DeTuned and didnt pull as hard as my tuned G8. But They get some serious gains from a tune and a different pulley on the supercharger.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Nice kill and screw em. If he can't take the lose ,then all well. I woulda tried just for sh*ts and giggles too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Very impressive..im going ctsv hunting!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Caferul...Don't know about where you live but there are some 1000+ HP monster CTS-V's around here.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Good kill OP.

Nice!! I test drove a 2013 CTS-V coupe. It seemed DeTuned and didnt pull as hard as my tuned G8. But They get some serious gains from a tune and a different pulley on the supercharger.
Upper/Lower pulley + Tune is netting V2 80 wheel horse.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I wish the guy was cooler about it, but oh well!

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Damn nice kill!! Damn now I'm wanting a cam ;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
He sounds like the kind of guy that thought he had the hot ticket, but didn't know a dang thing about cars.

Not many people understand what a cam lope sounds like in the exhaust. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He sounds like the kind of guy that thought he had the hot ticket, but didn't know a dang thing about cars.

Not many people understand what a cam lope sounds like in the exhaust. ;)
Yeah I'm sure he lived in the nicer suburbs of... Mexico. Lets cam yours next Bob!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The guy's sad because his "SVT killer" couldn't handle a car that's half the price (and still cheaper even including the mods)!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Lets cam yours next Bob!
I've thought about it, but then I realize that I need other things like brake upgrades, some suspension upgrades, some other upgrades... She's got enough power for now.

Granted if the new summer tires greatly reduce wheelspin off the line, my thoughts of "enough power" might change ;)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
. She's got enough power for now. ........

if the new summer tires greatly reduce wheelspin off the line, ;)
2 funny statements...... :)..... I think I will visit you at Ridleys next time you perform :).......... cause when i saw the look in your eye when you ran the 11.85...... i think the bug has hit you.... :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
2 funny statements...... :)..... I think I will visit you at Ridleys next time you perform :).......... cause when i saw the look in your eye when you ran the 11.85...... i think the bug has hit you.... :)
I don't have a problem, I can quit anytime... (scratches arm)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts