Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of GXP Brembo front brakes on here and then found new Camaro brembo rotors and after reading for a while i went with EBC Reds. I try to keep my car clean but this break dust is killing me I hope it goes a way . If you every looking to do a break upgrade and still using your sport 19s make sure you get 12mm spacers. In my opinion I like the stance better.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Car looks great. Where did you get the 12 mm spacers?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Man, that looks really good. Can we get a couple pics of the stance that shows how far the wheels come out to the wheel well?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Here is mine with 15mm spacers and Brembos. Stock ride hight.

Sent from my fresh lubed iPhone

Attachments

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Having to squint to see that lil pic. Hahaha

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Sorry. iPhone pics don't ever show up good. I'll see if I can enhance it somehow.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More pics and info

One of my club members from my car club Florida G8 Car Club works for a tire shop and was able to get them from me as well as new lug nuts so I didn't have to replace the studs. Here is a few more pictures. I don't think I am allowed to tell you where I got my stuff from since they don't advertise on here. Thank you for all the compliments.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Just PM us. I forget the politics of it myself.

·
Registered
419 Posts
What kind of lug nuts are these that would allow the use of a spacer without changing out the studs? How many threads of the studs were you engaging?

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are called ET lugs and the spacers were custom. The guy is a member on here if you like to talk to him. His name is ls3g8

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
This is quite interesting. Several of us have been experimenting with spacer options with stock 19s and it was felt that using longer studs with a min of 10mm spacer would do the trick.

The big question that was asked earlier, how many turns did you get with those lugs with stock studs?

Thanks for the info in advance!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will see if I can get the guy that did the install (ls3g8) and made the spacers to reply and I don't know much about it. I do know our plan was to go with the 10mm but had a problem and went with the 12mm. Sorry I couldnt be more of a help.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Iirc 10mm was to small to use both a hub and wheel centric spacer. That's why I had the 15mm made.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mmmmmm PSM. Sexy! Almost a clone of my car, minus the wheels.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Are these custom 12mm spacers hub and wheel centric? Did you put them on the front and back or just front?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Shouldn't need them on the rear unless you swap to CTS-V or Camaro Brembos on the rear. However, since the OP posted a pic of the rear of the car, I would guess all around.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the look of the wheels (hivoltagedriver) I did put the spacers all the way around since I wanted all the wheels to look even which I am happy I did. I am looking to add some CTS-V rears as well some time. They are custom 12mm spacers hub and wheel centric. If you like to talk to the guy that made them he is on the board (Ls3g8)

·
Registered
259 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong guys but you will need at least a 5mm spacer to fit the brembos with the sport 19s, right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts