Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just bought a upr catch and i want to know how people installed it on a gxp cause the pvc system is totally different from the gt. so who ever installed one of these on a gxp i would like to know where you guys mounted it and ran the hoses. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
608 Posts
I mounted mine on the stud where the airbox was. The lines you need to run to are right next to each other. Just to the left of the throttle body. I had to pick up some extra hose as well.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I've been looking at a catch can also for my GXP. Mounting can be at a variety of locations. As far as the hoses, if you look at the pic they attach to the passengers side behind the throttle body. That pic is from Mike Norris's website. I'm probably going with his Gen 2 catch can when I buy one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh ok so the in and out lines are both near the throttle body and you'll have 2 hoses running across the engine 1 going and 1 coming. You think you can attatch a picture so i can see exactly how you did it that would be great.

I'v heard about people using a vette one but there alot of money and i already bought this one so i have to figure it out i complained to upr for not accommodating the gxp.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You have this one?

If so, I was saying mount the bracket that extends from the catch can to the screw near the fuse box. Similar to what they pictures show in the thread I linked to. I know you don't have that same catch can that's in that thread, but you may be able to use the same mounting location.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok i tried L76 fans way and it seems to work its just an ugly set up and upr is actually going to help me get parts to mount it near the fuse box somehow. But i guess from the air being pushed through the hoses they make a whistling sound anyone else get this? And theres no leaks anywhere

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I used to get a very slight whistling sound also. I had mine installed for two years w/o a problem even with the whistling.

I had mine mounted in the same place as you have it now I believe. I agree though with your opinion of the mounting location. For the GT it worked good because the hose needed to be routed to the rear of the engine. For the GXP you need a location that's closer to the throttle body.

Best shots I have of my catch can on my GT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea exactly so on your gxp now you 2 hoses running over your throttle body to the catch can then right? Cause of where the pvc system is on the ls3. Do you have a picture on how it looks now on the gxp? Hopefully upr can get a bracket for me to mount it near the fuse box or something

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I currently don't have a catch can installed on my GXP. I am looking to purchase one shortly and I am going to purchase the catch can from Mike Norris Motorsports. That's the pic I posted in post #3. Mike Norris' comes with a universal bracket just like in the pic. I'm thinking I'm going to try and mount it just like in the pic. If that doesn't work at that location then I might just fab up an L bracket out of some metal and make my own mounting bracket. This way I can mount it pretty much anywhere I want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to get a very slight whistling sound also. I had mine installed for two years w/o a problem even with the whistling.

I had mine mounted in the same place as you have it now I believe. I agree though with your opinion of the mounting location. For the GT it worked good because the hose needed to be routed to the rear of the engine. For the GXP you need a location that's closer to the throttle body.

Best shots I have of my catch can on my GT.

OK, I'll bite...what is that toggle switch next to the mounting post?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.