Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know how to remove the computer on a GXP.
They are mounted different than on the GT.
Have it to where I can get it out but having trouble with removing the connectors.
Connectors are different also than on the GT

· Premium Member
4,866 Posts
Maybe my service manuals (when bought almost 4 years ago) are lacking some important information in this area. Because it just says the ECM is located beneath the fuse box, and that the 2 connectors attached to them, are the same for both V8 engine layouts.
Removal is written>>>> That after releasing the ECM mounting retaining clips and detaching it from the holder (what ever that means), to then move the connector lock levers to the unlock position and disconnect the electrical connectors. Then remove the ECM. Sounds simple, but it must not be.
They say nothing about disconnecting (this or that), prior to trying to remove it (for needed clearance), or a description of how to *release the connector lock/unlock monkey motion securing those connectors.

· Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Finely got it.
Sending it off to have it unlocked so I can have Patric G re tune it.
There is no simple way to remove the computer. The cable connectors appear to be heaver than the GT connections. Once I got to see what I was doing, not that hard to release the connectors.

· Premium Member
5,681 Posts

· Premium Member
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no way you can get to it on the GXP through the wheelwell.It in inclosed by the nounting bracket that holds the fuse block. than brackrt has to be loosened or removed to get to the ECM. On the 08 Gt. the ECM is mounted on the wheelwell, below the fuse block.which has no inclosed brace.

· Premium Member
5,681 Posts
There's a couple threads on the other board that talk about this as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.