Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who made the upgrade I need input.....

I'm wondering if my exhaust tips will line up perfectly with the GXP diffuser?

Right now I have the standard GT diffuser and I have a GXP one coming in the mail. Unfortunatly it wont be here until a few days after I planned on having some exhaust work done. If I wait I wont be able to have the exhaust work done for 2 more weeks which would be a total downer!

I wanted to install the new diffuser first so I can line up the tips absolutely perfect. But I'm wondering if I just line up the tips to my GT diffuser if they will still be peferct for the GXP diffuser.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I believe from what I've read on here, unless you go to 3.5 inch they should be fine. I'd say line everything up and you should be fine.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes... 3.5" tips look perfect in the GXP diffuser.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be using 3.5" tips. Im wondering If I can just line them up with the GT diffuser even if they touch a little I dont care, then 3 days later when I put the GXP diffuser on will the tips still be in the BEST position... left/right, in/out?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would wait and do them while you're installing the diffuser.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I would wait and do them while you're installing the diffuser.
I would wait until after to have the work done just to be sure. Or have everything but the tips welded in and have them installed after the diffuser....

66 Posts
3.5 tips will not fit with the GT diffuser. My 3.5 tips fit just right the GXP diffuser. Best thing to do is install your diffuser first. Then do your exhaust work.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually 3.5 tips do fit but some applications they may touch the plastic a little. The ones I got have been proven to fit just fine with no problem. But that's besides the point, what I really need to know is if the openings in the gxp and gt diffusers are the same depth front to back and the only difference is the gxp is just cut a little wider.

·
Registered
237 Posts
By my experience with the GXP diffuser, the stock tips and Magnaflow tips (axle back) line up just a little towards the outside of the GXP. They still have plenty of room but they are not quite centered up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.