1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I'm with ya Joe, I too carry a fire extinguisher in my GXP at all times for this very reason. Cheap insurance that could mean the difference between another GXP being lost or saving another GXP.

Did you notice the engine in the GXP? That might be an L76 in there, not an LS3. Check out the silver blade throttle body..

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I also just noticed the GT brakes too.

Hmm, I wonder if there was a G8 GT owner that somehow got all these GXP pieces after the fire? :secret:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Sad to say but its almost a relief to see one not wrecked in an accident for a change.
Lots of donor parts on this one for a V6 to V8 upgrade.

·
Pontiac Crazy
435 Posts
Fishy VIN and a CarBQ. Insurance job? Put a GXP VIN on a GT and your insurance settlement magically increases...
But your insurance would already have the GT VIN on file.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Any thoughts on how much the vehicle would fetch at auction? Looks like the engine bay remained fairly intact and those hood scoops are worth quite a few shiny pennies. As always, hopefully escaped the incident/accident relatively unscathed.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Hopefully, intentional deceit is not the case although the circumstances do appear to be rather suspect. Be that as it may or may not, karma still does and always will exist. Oftentimes, "paying the piper" comes when its least expected and extremely inconvenient.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
19" GT wheels on that vehicle as well.

There's a factory fire extinguisher option (with a mount) in the Caprice.
Said extinguisher:

#1: 92109209
#2: Comes with #1
#3: 11096361 (need two, M6X18)
#4: 92176512 (onyx color)
#4: 92176513 (light urban color)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
My guess is that after the insurance totalled this car, he swapped wheels with a G8 friend to keep his GXP wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts