Pontiac G8 Forum banner

GXP Exhaust with X-Pipe Installed

9K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  lg68jcu 
#1 ·
Finally got my car up on a lift tonight to install my new exhaust setup. We deleted the mid-muffler and resonators and installed an X-pipe to two GXP axlebacks. The sound is definitely not terrible. It's a little high-pitched, but that's what you get when you have a V6, no low V8 rumble. It sounds fantastic on idle, revs good under full-throttle, absolutely ZERO drone and 1500-2500RPMs (55-75MPH or so).

I'll try and get a fly-by video up soon. I personally think it sounds a lot better driving than it does revving it to 4k RPMs while parked.

Stock (heavy-ass) exhaust:

New Stuff:

Clean welds:

Bolted Up:

GT Tips Before:

GXP Tips After:

Rev in Park Before:

Rev in Park After:

Startup and Rev:

See less See more
3 6
#30 ·
^ +1...

#31 ·
Sounds good. The factory exhaust is way too quiet on the V6 and GT. I had GXP axlebacks on my GT before the powerflows and they sounded nice as well.

#34 ·
If anyone is interested in comparing Stock to your setup here is the link to the 0-95 run I made a while back before my intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dww7jfystS0&sns=em

#36 ·
Stock RSAs. I think I had about 19K on the tires then and I just had a K&N drop in at the time with the LPM. I have 24K now and with my intake I can now get rotations of spin but they are getting close to the wear bars so I am sure its just the difference in tires. I couldn't spin them the first summer I drove on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.