Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I have some very serious doubts. IMHO, it looks akin to a Craigslist scam. Sounds too good to be true!!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
1 picture, no phone number, $12k under lowest book value. isn't that the same picture from the gxp that was listed for sale for $20k last month. that's a real listing for sure, if you believe that i have an ocean front property in Colorado for sale as well :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Same issue that happened a couple weeks ago. I believe it is the "same" car listed on cars.com. I saw that yesterday as well.

1 obvious scam is actually pretty good. Search for used Nissan GT-Rs on cars.com. There are about a dozed that can be had for less than $25k and less than 15K miles!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Features

Options Included: Cassette Radio, CD Player, Tow Package, Power Seats, Memory Seats, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Rear Window Wiper, Remote Keyless Entry, Anti-Lock Brakes, Airbag: Driver, Airbag: Passenger, Power Windows, Leather Interior, A/C: Rear, Sunroof/Moonroof, Rear Window Defroster, Alarm, A/C: Front, Airbag: Side, Alloy Wheels, CD Changer, Third Row Seats, Navigation System, TV/VCR, Premium Sound
o_0

·
Registered
231 Posts
Same issue that happened a couple weeks ago. I believe it is the "same" car listed on cars.com. I saw that yesterday as well.

1 obvious scam is actually pretty good. Search for used Nissan GT-Rs on cars.com. There are about a dozed that can be had for less than $25k and less than 15K miles!!
I'm thinking of selling my G8 for this! Thoughts?:wink2:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=78113512&listingRecNum=5&criteria=sf1Dir=ASC&mkId=20077&stkTyp=U&mdId=21204&rd=100000&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&zc=39705&rn=0&PMmt=1-1-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=miles&isDealerGrouping=false&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

·
Registered
187 Posts
I live in Memphis and Don't waste your time on this. This is my second time seeing this GXP on here. I inquiredAbout a month ago they had it listed at $20k and the car is not even in Memphis. It's supposedly in Omaha. It was on cars.com listed from a seller named "Cathy" but I got an email from "Amber". Here is the email response I got from the seller:

First please let me explain you how we can make get this sale done in order to decide if you want to proceed. I got a new job and moved to Omaha Nebraska. I'm very caught up with my work, that's why I gave it to a shipping company that will ship it to the next buyer (on my cost).
I am using PayPal Protection Program and through this service you will get the car for 5 days to inspect it, test drive it and decide if you want to keep it.
In case you will not be satisfied, you can send it back on my cost. During the 5 day period I won't get any money.
If you want to make the deal I need the following details from you:
full name, address, and phone#.
After I will have your info I will forward them to PayPal and I will get the ball rolling. PayPal will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this
deal. Waiting for your email with the requested details.
Regards

Seriously, let someone else use your vehicle for 5 days at your expense and who uses paypal for shipping protection on a car? Might I add the vehicle registered to a guy in Knoxville,TN.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
339 Posts
definitely sounds like BS....Next thing you know, they'll say they got it in an inheritance from a rich uncle who died, but lives in Saudi...

·
Registered
244 Posts
There's an increasing trend of the absolute-bottom priced cars on cars.com and the other car search sites being scams. Moreover on desirable cars it's usually the bottom half-dozen. I was looking at Cayennes a few months ago for my wife and saw something I suspected to be too good to be true. Well, I Googled the name of the dealer listed - ATB Motors - and the day prior to my search this article was posted:

http://mobile.dglobe.com/page/article/id/51973/property_id/24/

"The auto dealer has a Mini Cooper listed for several thousand dollars below book value, a 2009 Porsche Cayenne that just begs for a spin, and a plethora of Mercedes, BMWs and Vipers. All of them are priced to drive away quickly.

The only catch is that the dealership supposedly selling the cars doesn’t actually exist in the real world. The website for ATB Autos states the dealership is at 237 S. Kniss Ave. in Luverne.

“Unfortunately, there’s no such place in Luverne,” said Rock County Sheriff Evan Verbrugge."

... So. I know we're going to keep seeing these same threads get created over and over, but yeah, use some common sense... 1 photo, 1 name (usually only a first name, and female interestingly enough) and priced well below market is a sure sign of scammers.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, pop, I happen to be a well educated, professional, American. Sorry I was too quick and gullible when I first posted this. I reallized a minute after that it was a scam.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I believe grandpop09 was referring to the actual ad itself, not your statement.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
76 Posts
misunderstanding

No, pop, I happen to be a well educated, professional, American. Sorry I was too quick and gullible when I first posted this. I reallized a minute after that it was a scam.
I apologize, jdtrumbore, for not making myself clearer in that response. I was not referring to you, but as has already been noted, I was referring to the ad itself.
grandpop09

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Closed per request!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
jaxredg8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing