Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the GXP plastic lip #
92224778 can be installed on a GT to fill the gap in the middle of the front bumper.
I am thinking this would be a good gap filler for a front splitter install. I would welcome any input on this idea.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It's not the same width.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if the GXP plastic lip #
92224778 can be installed on a GT to fill the gap in the middle of the front bumper.
I am thinking this would be a good gap filler for a front splitter install. I would welcome any input on this idea.
That gap is quite annoying to my eyes as well! and even with an aftermarket splitter it would still show the gap, If the GXP insert fits it'll get my purchase.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Having a GT and a GXP in the driveway and a new spare lip in a box, I'm going to say no.

I have held the part up to the GT and it didn't look any good

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies I see now why people who install the front splitter on a GT just put in a couple of spacers. It appears to me after looking at a picture of the GXP spacer that it goes in some slots that must be only on GXP bumpers. I don't want to go to the GXP bumper just to fill the gap. I will probably just go with spacers.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have though years ago of producing a small carbon fiber insert to fill that area. I HATE the recession in the lip center. It would make the car look much better if it were filled in.

I have asked producers who deal in protypes and they said it was pricey. Maybe we need to blue print a copy from a 3D machine !

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
A durable cheap black plastic would be a better idea. Chin scrape, anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Early on some folks found a rubber seal (garage door maybe) that they stuck on the bottom lip. May have to do some searching to find it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe get like some of that ABS Plastic you can buy and cut yourself. Seems popular amongs guys that do that with splitters on some of the Japanese cars and mustangs

·
Registered
761 Posts
The upper recession in the center of the lower lip spoiler. Its like a reverse U shape..It would look more modern if it were flush - straight edge ....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts