Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Kooks headers will fit the GXP? Seems like there shouldn't be any differences in fitment. Also, can I run the long tubes with catted x-pipe but retain my factory mufflers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Part 1... probably.
Part 2... yes.

·
Sporting the GXP
1,468 Posts
ARH and Kooks have both said they will fit. The LS3 external dimensions are the same as the L76 so the bolt on mods will work for both.

·
Street Racing Czar
670 Posts
aren't the manual boxes smaller than the autos?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aren't the manual boxes smaller than the autos?
If they are it's not by much. The T-56 (or what ever GM code they call it these days) is one big ass manual tranny but it strong as a horse so I'll take the trade off.

I agree the headers in theory should fit but I'd just want to double the check the hydraulic lines for the slave and the differences, if any, in the cross member.

·
Sporting the GXP
1,468 Posts
If they are it's not by much. The T-56 (or what ever GM code they call it these days) is one big ass manual tranny but it strong as a horse so I'll take the trade off.

I agree the headers in theory should fit but I'd just want to double the check the hydraulic lines for the slave and the differences, if any, in the cross member.
It's called the TR6060.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I can confirm that Kooks Long-Tube Headers fit on an M6 GXP with absolutely no issues. They sound awesome, and I can't wait to see what difference they make at the track. I wish I had bought these sooner!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts