Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
It looks good now detailed, when they first got it a couple weeks ago, they posted 4 pics and it was rough like the prior owner just didnt care about it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I know the Internet manager at Howard Bentley and that's the dealership I got my g8 from new. I can email him and ask him anything about it if you want? Just PM me and let me know what you want me to ask him. I'd go check it out if I was going to visit my parents anytime soon but I'm not headed up there anytime soon I don't think.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'll ask Brian today if he knows the history on the car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi David. Good to hear from you. The honest truth is the previous owner was an 18 year old and got the car as a graduation gift. She will be graduating college and got a different new car.

We had to rechrome all four wheels remove a few dings and refinish the front bumper. There is a place on the hood where some clear coat damage has occurred. It will cost around $450 to repaint and blend. It isn't real bad but is noticeable.

The car looks very good but I understand the concerns. I know the previous owner and she didn't drive it hard but the college parking lot hasn't been her friend.

Let me know if there are any questions and ill answer right away.

Brian Wheatley, Internet Manager
Howard Bentley Buick GMC
4321 US Hwy 431
Albertville, AL 35950
[email protected]
256-878-1050
Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
585 Posts
Must be nice to be an 18 year old chick and get a brand new $40k G8 GXP. WTF????
Sounds like she treated it like she would have treated a used junky car. That's really really odd to hear that was the history on the car. Wouldn't have guessed that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dang, must be nice to have that for a graduation gift! I'm getting parts together for my car now. My truck should be on its way to a new home in California tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dang, must be nice to have that for a graduation gift! I'm getting parts together for my car now. My truck should be on its way to a new home in California tomorrow afternoon.
Good deal Joe! I'll be pulling your new cam out of Richard's car in about 3-4 weeks now so as soon as we pull it I will let you know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good deal Joe! I'll be pulling your new cam out of Richard's car in about 3-4 weeks now so as soon as we pull it I will let you know.
Awesome. I'll be ready by then I hope. How bad is the push with that cam and stock stall? It'd be nice if I can get it all done and back together in a day and a half.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey BO, you got any ported throttle bodies layin around? I'll be needing one for my grocery getter.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Awesome. I'll be ready by then I hope. How bad is the push with that cam and stock stall? It'd be nice if I can get it all done and back together in a day and a half.
The push won't be all that bad since pat will be doing your tune so no worries. ;)
You doing the install yourself?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah, I'll do the install if I can get time away from work. The rail road is running me into the ground right now. I figure it can't be any more difficult then all the work I've done with my previous cars trucks and bikes.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah, I'll do the install if I can get time away from work. The rail road is running me into the ground right now. I figure it can't be any more difficult then all the work I've done with my previous cars trucks and bikes.
It's not difficult, just time consuming. I'd allow a full weekend for the work to be safe. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Look on the tb were the electric control motor is and see if it has 5 point torx screws or 6 point.
Sorry, I'm a little slow at getting things done at the moment. Truck is gone for good now. I'll go out and look at the throttle body here in a little bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts