974 Posts
Looks like no roof too! Nice car!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yep I remember finding it along the way searching as well. I think the price actually has gone up... I might be wrong though. Looks like a very nice example of a well kept stock car. No sunroof has me jealous :ROFLMAO:

-J

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the clean low mileage GXP's will demand this price and more. It's just that the nicer examples are not going to be picked up by folks who are going to use them for daily drivers. These cars will be more for the weekend driver or someone who wants to add to a collection. In 10 more years if this car's miles are kept to a minimum, the price will definitely be higher. Knowing that Hagerty's 2019 Bull Market price evaluation of the GXP on the high-end at $47,800; this car detailed out, I think is over $40K today. Unless of course there are major unknown issues.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Fitting Hagerty had the word "Bull" in their assessment.
These numbers , to me , only help is I have a serious insurance claim.
While mine is not super low milage at 29K , I don't see it worth anything like these numbers.
Moot point as its not leaving any time soon.

·
Lone Star State
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While I may or may not agree with the value of muscle cars that Mecum and others regularly auction off at six figures, at the end of the day, the value of anything is what anyone is willing to pay for it. There are countless stories of folks who sold off their 10-year-old '60s muscle cars for a fraction of what they're worth today and they regret it. Even the "Restro" mod muscle cars demand top dollar.

While in high school I knew folks who drove cars (e.g., Cuda AAR, Challenger, Roadrunner, Chevelle SS 454, '60s Corvette) to school that would demand $70 to $100K+ today and they owned them and made the payments for them in high school. I bet they wish they had them back today.

The G8 GXP is still a young car to the hard-core collector. Since the production numbers of the GXP are so low, it's inevitable the value will continue to climb. And as more get trashed and sent off to the "car graveyard" in the sky, the remaining GXP's will become even more desirable. Below is what Hot Rod mag said about the GXP in 2009. These guys have been car experts for a long time. Stay tuned.

1623469253447.jpeg

1623469325643.png

1 - 10 of 10 Posts