Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a spare cover ? Know where I can get one?
Do the GT's have the same cover? Wonder if they fit if they do...?

I'm looking to doing a modification and want to see if they pop out and replaceable... I looking online and don't see them for sale anywhere... I'd hate to hack mine and not be able to replace it..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its just a guide to cut out not a cover. once you cut it out there is no replacing it.
There is no hitch behind there.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
If you're careful with your cuts, you could probably fabricate some brackets behind there that could affix it back into location.

It's outlined there to allow for the Aussie-only "class three frame mounted hitch" that was not natively available in the USA.

The class1 hitches (that mount under the bumper and just bolted on) don't use this hole, but the class3 hitches (rated at much higher tongue weight and overall hauling capacity) gain that added benefits by replacing the bumper brackets within the frame rails with that of the hitch, and then bolted to the frame and the rear bumper securely.

I've seen several CVRX8 cars with the little red "fog light" in that location, pictures taken in foreign countries.

edit:

More info and pics here:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62005&highlight=class+hitch

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46210&highlight=class+hitch

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want to add a hitch...
I wanted to add one of these...

I'll look for a diffuser then see...

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Rigid lighting is absolutely awesome. Running a pair on the Jeep for reverse lighting and it's nice being able to see where you're going.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone have a spare cover ? Know where I can get one?
Do the GT's have the same cover? Wonder if they fit if they do...?

I'm looking to doing a modification and want to see if they pop out and replaceable... I looking online and don't see them for sale anywhere... I'd hate to hack mine and not be able to replace it..
once you cut the cover there is no replacing it. there is no replacement cover
for the cut out. Let me know what you decide to do. I want to see pics

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
once you cut the cover there is no replacing it. there is no replacement cover
for the cut out. Let me know what you decide to do. I want to see pics
I'll look for a new diffuser before I hack mine...
But I'll post up pics !

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
You could possibly fabricate clips or Velcro system to the "cover" if you cut it out clean enough OR....you could put mesh there with the light behind it. That mesh would be sort of a compromise for both the light and having something solid there.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could possibly fabricate clips or Velcro system to the "cover" if you cut it out clean enough OR....you could put mesh there with the light behind it. That mesh would be sort of a compromise for both the light and having something solid there.
I'm not opposed to the light there full time... But of the led sucks... Then I want to be able to go back.... Ill just look into buying a new one...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts