Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like a local dealer around me doesn't want to be bothered trying to locate a vehicle for me depsite leaving a deposit and keeps attempting to push what he has on the lot. I understand different options might not be available (the entire two of them) but wanted to give this a shot and see if someone has one in inventory or could direct me to a dealer that might.

Looking for:

GXP - White
Manual Transmission
No Sunroof

I'd prefer the "summer" tire option but it isn't a deal breaker. The above options are however. I would even consider silver with the same options.

·
Registered
84 Posts
R.J. I'm not sure where you are located, but my local dealer (Fort Wayne, IN) has a white hot manual with onyx interior & roof in stock. I really didn't want to roof either, but I took a car with roof since they seem much more common.

Good luck!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am in the same boat as R.J. The dealer has my GXP deposit yet is having trouble delivering on a GXP, 6M, sunroof...In Pacific Slate, Sport Red, or Stryker Blue. All of the cars he's going after happen to be "sold" already. I'm in southern NJ by Philadelphia.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After two hours of searching, I found four in the configuration I wanted and one was within 150 miles of me. The dealer I left a deposit with was lazy and probably didn't even bother searching. Also, the salesman claimed I had to wait for the 2010 models to be manufactured because my request was "rare". After four days, this particular dealer has failed to refund my credit card after I declined his offer to "wait".

I located a GXP at an out of state dealer in the configuration I wanted and left a deposit over the phone within an hour and agreed on the sticker price. After two days and as I'm getting paperwork together, the salesman calls me back and states that the price will be $3,000 over sticker being that it's a limited production vehicle. I got so pissed because this is my second deposit on a vehicle that might not materialize. I told him that I would not pay a dime over sticker and want the 3K factory rebate honored as well or forget the entire deal. I can understand nothing under sticker for this particular vehicle but I'll be damned to pay more because I've shown exclusive interest in it and they really didn't have push to close the deal. Luckily, they were able come to their senses and agreed to the initial sticker price with rebate. I next day aired my rather large downpayment and hope to take delivery this weekend but we'll see especially if they attempt pull another fast one.

This is my first American car and I must say the dealership experience has been anything but pleasant so far. I just feel as if they're trying to see how far they can shaft you without crossing the line if that makes sense. It wasn't long before Mr.Finance attempted to sell me extended warranties and other garbage to which I politely declined. While I do think the GXP is a great car for the money, it's still not an M3 and wish some dealers would realize it takes more than just a V8 with rear wheel drive to become "Limited Edition".

My only recommendations are to search for the car yourself as some dealers won't even bother or may not even try to secure it from another for you. I'm not saying all dealers are bad but from my limited experience, I was ready to pull the plug.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
After two hours of searching, I found four in the configuration I wanted and one was within 150 miles of me. The dealer I left a deposit with was lazy and probably didn't even bother searching. Also, the salesman claimed I had to wait for the 2010 models to be manufactured because my request was "rare". After four days, this particular dealer has failed to refund my credit card after I declined his offer to "wait".

I located a GXP at an out of state dealer in the configuration I wanted and left a deposit over the phone within an hour and agreed on the sticker price. After two days and as I'm getting paperwork together, the salesman calls me back and states that the price will be $3,000 over sticker being that it's a limited production vehicle. I got so pissed because this is my second deposit on a vehicle that might not materialize. I told him that I would not pay a dime over sticker and want the 3K factory rebate honored as well or forget the entire deal. I can understand nothing under sticker for this particular vehicle but I'll be damned to pay more because I've shown exclusive interest in it and they really didn't have push to close the deal. Luckily, they were able come to their senses and agreed to the initial sticker price with rebate. I next day aired my rather large downpayment and hope to take delivery this weekend but we'll see especially if they attempt pull another fast one.

This is my first American car and I must say the dealership experience has been anything but pleasant so far. I just feel as if they're trying to see how far they can shaft you without crossing the line if that makes sense. It wasn't long before Mr.Finance attempted to sell me extended warranties and other garbage to which I politely declined. While I do think the GXP is a great car for the money, it's still not an M3 and wish some dealers would realize it takes more than just a V8 with rear wheel drive to become "Limited Edition".

My only recommendations are to search for the car yourself as some dealers won't even bother or may not even try to secure it from another for you. I'm not saying all dealers are bad but from my limited experience, I was ready to pull the plug.
R.J.

for what it's worth, should you ask for such help again in the future... give the info others asked for.. your location.. you asked for help, provided zero response... then stated you cut your own deal. people on this board are very helpful, so should you.

·
Registered
669 Posts
+1 to what Phoenixitc said.

I'd also like to add that based on my personal experience in looking for a very specific GXP, dealers don't want to trade their GXPs. So it's unlikely any dealer would be able to find what you wanted if they didn't have it already. Not trying to defend the dealers, they don't sound like the most upstanding types, but thought you should know what is going on.

·
I could've had a GXP
514 Posts
Yep like the others have already said, plenty of good Peeps / sponsored dealerships here willing to work with ya without the head games. If I ever get my SRT sold soon I'm going with one of the sponsor dealers here for my GXP.

Glad it work out for you in the end!

·
Registered
25 Posts

I hear you and had the exact same experience. While I agree with some of the other posts mentioning that there are good dealers out there, (Nino comes to mind) I think it's easy to lose sight of the absurdity of being treated that way. I had a similar experience with 4 dealers near me ending in the single worst treatment I've ever had in 30 years of car buying. I threw in the towel on this car after that and have ordered a different brand vehicle. It's a really a shame but i will not, even for the briefest of moments, grieve over these dealers or salesmen's demise. Economic Darwinism should prevail, it's only us being bad consumers that keeps them alive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
G8fan
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing