Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm up on the lift... And the rear of the subframe connectors won't fit... It says stick the insert in the oblong hole... I don't have a oblong hole!!! They are all round and the insert won't fit!!!

Help!!!

Anyone else have this issue!?!?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have heard 2009.5 G8's have different hole sizes. Do a search it is on here.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I did mine 08 GT about a month ago. Make sure you have the tabs lined up correctly. I used a little wd40 to help the slide in. It was hard on some of them though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Someone on the other site is having the same problem. Not sure if its you with a different handle.

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
All GXP's are 2009.5 by default, just based on production run. As such, they don't have oblong holes in the rear underbody. They have circular holes. So either you have to enlarge the holes in the underbody or get specially-ground tabs from BMR for the Subframe connectors.

And yeah, I'll bet that was you on the other board. Sorry you ran into all this. It's darn frustrating. Believe me, I know. :(

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
It was me....
I hope Kyle can send me new ones...

Thanks
He'll figure out a way to help you. I've run into a few issues with their parts over the years, too, and he's always been absolutely helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya... I'm sure he will... Just hope I can get the new parts in before Saturday... That's THE only day I have access to the lift... And then 2 more Saturdays after that I work... So after that its the 13th I can't work on my car again!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
Ya... I'm sure he will... Just hope I can get the new parts in before Saturday... That's THE only day I have access to the lift... And then 2 more Saturdays after that I work... So after that its the 13th I can't work on my car again!
If you can't get the lift, you can still install them. I did them in my garage, and I don't think I even put the car up with a jack. Just reached around under it as I had need. Car was sitting at stock height at the time. It's totally doable entirely on the ground.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok. I just tried installing these last night without a lift or ramp and yes it can be done fairly easily. I am even lowered 1.15" inches.

The only problem i ran into was two of my holes were not big enough. I guess the Firehawks are also 2009.5? I tried grinding the hole out bigger with a rotary, but I used an entire grinding stone on just one side and the hole is still not big enough. Should i keep going with a new stone or is there a better tool to use?

What did you guys do?

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
i'm trying to figure out where you guys are getting 2009.5? my registration, door sticker and insurance company say my GXP is a 2009.

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
The only problem i ran into was two of my holes were not big enough. I guess the Firehawks are also 2009.5? I tried grinding the hole out bigger with a rotary, but I used an entire grinding stone on just one side and the hole is still not big enough. Should i keep going with a new stone or is there a better tool to use?

What did you guys do?
I'm not sure of the better tool to use. What I did was speak to Kyle when I was ordering because I knew it wouldn't work for my car as it came default. They were kind enough to trim down the rear tabs for me before shipping the kit to me. So I didn't have to do any grinding on my car. So far as I know, this wasn't a special deal for me, so I'd talk to Kyle.

i'm trying to figure out where you guys are getting 2009.5? my registration, door sticker and insurance company say my GXP is a 2009.
My documentation all says 2009, too. 2009.5 isn't an official model year. It's a label we came up with on the forums out of necessity because halfway through the 2009 model year, a few changes were made. Location of the ECM and a few interior things changed from 2008 to 2009 (see the differences thread). The so-called "2009.5" models added Bluetooth and also for some reason changed the holes in the underbody. There are 2009.5 GT's, too. All GXP's are 2009.5 by default just because of when they were produced.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Shot Kyle an email. Thanks for the help.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
wheres the bluetooth stuff? i cant find anything about how to use it lol

·
Moddin' and Roddin'
793 Posts
wheres the bluetooth stuff? i cant find anything about how to use it lol
Owner's Manual, section 6-26 on Page 144. If when you press the phone control button on your steering wheel your system says "Ready", you have Bluetooth. If your system says "Onstar Ready", you don't have Bluetooth.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Had the the same issue installing the SFCs too, just had to made the hole a little bigger to slide the tabs in.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Owner's Manual, section 6-26 on Page 144. If when you press the phone control button on your steering wheel your system says "Ready", you have Bluetooth. If your system says "Onstar Ready", you don't have Bluetooth.
Also, does the back seat have slide out cup holders?
If so, it's a 9.5...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mine doesn't have slide out rear cupholders, but does have rear cup holders in the armrest. Also don't have bluetooth, but do have the smaller holes underneath.

Strange!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts