Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I listed my MSM GXP on here and a few other sites. Had what I thought was some serious interest until it came time to talk cash. Anyway pretty sure I am keeping it and am OK with that because I have loved the car. The only car I considered replacing it with was the '15 SS M6. I was able to secure a pretty sweet deal, essentially employee pricing plus I am holding a $1k private offer. After talking to quite a few dealers and avoiding the trade discussion I went ahead and asked for a trade value with this dealer I made a deal. Now I know everyone wants more for there car but seriously these guys would not budge off of $21k. They gave me some song and dance but I sent them the autotrader listings within 200 miles of there dealership which showed most dealers were asking on average around $34-35k and none of those were manuals. They still will not budge. Now I knew I was not gonna trade but I am still shocked at how far apart we were. Am I cray cray!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
where dealers make their most money of us is their TRADES. I highly recommend never trading in your car. 9/10 they steal the cars on trades (price wise) especially a car like a g8 gxp, they will never come close to what they are actually worth (especially on a trade)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Do they have a GXP for sale? I'd point to that. They know they can churn and burn that car for close to $10k profit. I'd sell it privately

·
Registered
469 Posts
Give me a week or two to sell my GT and secure financing, and I'll take it for $21,000 :D

:wink2:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I sent out my feelers yesterday on my 08 gt with 63k and they offered me 9,500 to 11,000 they said they were a high volume low price dealer..... dealers keep getting worse and worse.

·
Registered
431 Posts
No way I'd even come close to letting go of my 6M GXP for less than $28k on trade in (37k miles). I've thought about making the switch to the SS with a manual to get all the new toys and that sweet magnetic ride setup but I am not far from paying mine off, think I'd rather just do that than owe on a new car for 5 more years.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Hold on to your GXPs gentlemen. You'll be thankful you did

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like an SS in my future got a sale pending from a Facebook post. Who would have thought?!?

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
How many miles on it?
Several GXPs have come up lately with less than 10k miles, all are priced around $35k. Most have sold there.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
How many miles on it?
Several GXPs have come up lately with less than 10k miles, all are priced around $35k. Most have sold there.
These cars seem to be holding pretty good value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GXP trade value

As a recent trader(yesterday), don't try to trade your car with outstanding recalls! It will kill your value. Thanks G.M. for taking care of your customers(joke).

·
Registered
6 Posts
No way I'd even come close to letting go of my 6M GXP for less than $28k on trade in (37k miles). I've thought about making the switch to the SS with a manual to get all the new toys and that sweet magnetic ride setup but I am not far from paying mine off, think I'd rather just do that than owe on a new car for 5 more years.
Was considering the same for the same reasons around May/June, but the local dealer wanted to give me $21-22k for my Liquid Red M6 with 36k miles and that was it. I decided that I would keep it a while longer and see what '16 would bring. I was hoping an LSA would make it to this shore, but I guess I will be waiting a bit longer to see what '17 brings. If no '17s or no LSA, I will probably keep the GXP for ever. Which is NOT a bad thing at all!

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
When I went to trade in my 3 year old loaded M3 on my G8 they offered me $12,000 in trade for the M. I showed them the car was still selling in the $40-$48k range and they came up to $15,000. I laughed! CARMAX gave me $42,000 for it which paid it off and gave me a little extra cash for my pocket.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
When I went to trade in my 3 year old loaded M3 on my G8 they offered me $12,000 in trade for the M. I showed them the car was still selling in the $40-$48k range and they came up to $15,000. I laughed! CARMAX gave me $42,000 for it which paid it off and gave me a little extra cash for my pocket.
I don't even know where to begin... are you serious!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been researching car prices for GXP in Texas, and will say the GXP is around $25-30k for a decent one for a friend. So for the dealer to make money, I see them offering you what they did. you can probably get a little more out of it, but definitely not over $30k.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been shopping my GXP around. It has 62k with an M6 no sunroof and all folks want to give is 20-21k. I looked at Ebay for completed sales, while hardly scientific, the GXP's that sold went in the 23-24k range but both had around 100k miles on them.

I see GXP's listed in the low to mid 30's do they actually sell around that price?

I agree the best price you will get is with a private sale but the last couple of times I have tried to sell a car privately I had a lot of clowns to deal with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts