Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I listed my MSM GXP on here and a few other sites. Had what I thought was some serious interest until it came time to talk cash. Anyway pretty sure I am keeping it and am OK with that because I have loved the car. The only car I considered replacing it with was the '15 SS M6. I was able to secure a pretty sweet deal, essentially employee pricing plus I am holding a $1k private offer. After talking to quite a few dealers and avoiding the trade discussion I went ahead and asked for a trade value with this dealer I made a deal. Now I know everyone wants more for there car but seriously these guys would not budge off of $21k. They gave me some song and dance but I sent them the autotrader listings within 200 miles of there dealership which showed most dealers were asking on average around $34-35k and none of those were manuals. They still will not budge. Now I knew I was not gonna trade but I am still shocked at how far apart we were. Am I cray cray!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
where dealers make their most money of us is their TRADES. I highly recommend never trading in your car. 9/10 they steal the cars on trades (price wise) especially a car like a g8 gxp, they will never come close to what they are actually worth (especially on a trade)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Do they have a GXP for sale? I'd point to that. They know they can churn and burn that car for close to $10k profit. I'd sell it privately

·
Registered
466 Posts
Give me a week or two to sell my GT and secure financing, and I'll take it for $21,000 :D

:wink2:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I sent out my feelers yesterday on my 08 gt with 63k and they offered me 9,500 to 11,000 they said they were a high volume low price dealer..... dealers keep getting worse and worse.

·
Registered
431 Posts
No way I'd even come close to letting go of my 6M GXP for less than $28k on trade in (37k miles). I've thought about making the switch to the SS with a manual to get all the new toys and that sweet magnetic ride setup but I am not far from paying mine off, think I'd rather just do that than owe on a new car for 5 more years.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hold on to your GXPs gentlemen. You'll be thankful you did

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like an SS in my future got a sale pending from a Facebook post. Who would have thought?!?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
How many miles on it?
Several GXPs have come up lately with less than 10k miles, all are priced around $35k. Most have sold there.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
How many miles on it?
Several GXPs have come up lately with less than 10k miles, all are priced around $35k. Most have sold there.
These cars seem to be holding pretty good value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
GXP trade value

As a recent trader(yesterday), don't try to trade your car with outstanding recalls! It will kill your value. Thanks G.M. for taking care of your customers(joke).

·
Registered
6 Posts
No way I'd even come close to letting go of my 6M GXP for less than $28k on trade in (37k miles). I've thought about making the switch to the SS with a manual to get all the new toys and that sweet magnetic ride setup but I am not far from paying mine off, think I'd rather just do that than owe on a new car for 5 more years.
Was considering the same for the same reasons around May/June, but the local dealer wanted to give me $21-22k for my Liquid Red M6 with 36k miles and that was it. I decided that I would keep it a while longer and see what '16 would bring. I was hoping an LSA would make it to this shore, but I guess I will be waiting a bit longer to see what '17 brings. If no '17s or no LSA, I will probably keep the GXP for ever. Which is NOT a bad thing at all!

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
When I went to trade in my 3 year old loaded M3 on my G8 they offered me $12,000 in trade for the M. I showed them the car was still selling in the $40-$48k range and they came up to $15,000. I laughed! CARMAX gave me $42,000 for it which paid it off and gave me a little extra cash for my pocket.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
When I went to trade in my 3 year old loaded M3 on my G8 they offered me $12,000 in trade for the M. I showed them the car was still selling in the $40-$48k range and they came up to $15,000. I laughed! CARMAX gave me $42,000 for it which paid it off and gave me a little extra cash for my pocket.
I don't even know where to begin... are you serious!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been researching car prices for GXP in Texas, and will say the GXP is around $25-30k for a decent one for a friend. So for the dealer to make money, I see them offering you what they did. you can probably get a little more out of it, but definitely not over $30k.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been shopping my GXP around. It has 62k with an M6 no sunroof and all folks want to give is 20-21k. I looked at Ebay for completed sales, while hardly scientific, the GXP's that sold went in the 23-24k range but both had around 100k miles on them.

I see GXP's listed in the low to mid 30's do they actually sell around that price?

I agree the best price you will get is with a private sale but the last couple of times I have tried to sell a car privately I had a lot of clowns to deal with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
22 Participants
Elite
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing