Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
G8 value

As I mentioned in another post, the local Ford dealer gave me $11000 for my V6 with 66000 miles and a dent or two. The killer was the unfulfilled recalls GM stuck me with. My V6 Mustang coupe doesn't really take the G8's place but I don't have to worry about recalls,recurring TPMS messages,less than good feelings after dealing with GM service departments etc. All this wore me down and I traded a nice car for one that I can count on. Check Cars.com for local G8's and their prices for a good ball park value. GT's in Atlanta are less than $20,000 with around 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The problem as I see it...GM offered there cars with that 20% discount recently including Chevy SS ...two weeks before Christmas the Chevy dealer in Seabring Fla had a NEW 2016 SS advertised on the net for $40,200:00 ... in doing so this is effectively Killing the resale on not only a 2014 Chevy SS ( I saw a hi mile 2014 SS last week for $28,000:00 ) but it's killing the resale of G8 and GXP ... Lets face it for 30 Grand will you buy an SS or a GXP ....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bump...I've been running into the same problem - the resale value for the GXP is hard to pin down...even harder in Canada where there's not much precedent for a car imported. Anyone have suggestions for pinning down a price?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The problem as I see it...GM offered there cars with that 20% discount recently including Chevy SS ...two weeks before Christmas the Chevy dealer in Seabring Fla had a NEW 2016 SS advertised on the net for $40,200:00 ... in doing so this is effectively Killing the resale on not only a 2014 Chevy SS ( I saw a hi mile 2014 SS last week for $28,000:00 ) but it's killing the resale of G8 and GXP ... Lets face it for 30 Grand will you buy an SS or a GXP ....
which is the price i've been waiting for the ss

21 - 24 of 24 Posts