Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
G8 value

As I mentioned in another post, the local Ford dealer gave me $11000 for my V6 with 66000 miles and a dent or two. The killer was the unfulfilled recalls GM stuck me with. My V6 Mustang coupe doesn't really take the G8's place but I don't have to worry about recalls,recurring TPMS messages,less than good feelings after dealing with GM service departments etc. All this wore me down and I traded a nice car for one that I can count on. Check Cars.com for local G8's and their prices for a good ball park value. GT's in Atlanta are less than $20,000 with around 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The problem as I see it...GM offered there cars with that 20% discount recently including Chevy SS ...two weeks before Christmas the Chevy dealer in Seabring Fla had a NEW 2016 SS advertised on the net for $40,200:00 ... in doing so this is effectively Killing the resale on not only a 2014 Chevy SS ( I saw a hi mile 2014 SS last week for $28,000:00 ) but it's killing the resale of G8 and GXP ... Lets face it for 30 Grand will you buy an SS or a GXP ....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bump...I've been running into the same problem - the resale value for the GXP is hard to pin down...even harder in Canada where there's not much precedent for a car imported. Anyone have suggestions for pinning down a price?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The problem as I see it...GM offered there cars with that 20% discount recently including Chevy SS ...two weeks before Christmas the Chevy dealer in Seabring Fla had a NEW 2016 SS advertised on the net for $40,200:00 ... in doing so this is effectively Killing the resale on not only a 2014 Chevy SS ( I saw a hi mile 2014 SS last week for $28,000:00 ) but it's killing the resale of G8 and GXP ... Lets face it for 30 Grand will you buy an SS or a GXP ....
which is the price i've been waiting for the ss

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
22 Participants
Elite
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing