Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used BlackBear tuning with their GXP? I've used them in the past on GM trucks and always had great results. They've assured me that they are competent with the LS3, but I was hoping that someone here might have direct results and a quick review of how the tune performs.

·
Infantry Sniper
857 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I haven't heard of them before, but they use efi live and specialize in GM cars, so I would expect they will do a good job. And, if not, with efi live, you can visit Pat Guerra, who is near Houston, for more help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't heard of them before, but they use efi live and specialize in GM cars, so I would expect they will do a good job. And, if not, with efi live, you can visit Pat Guerra, who is near Houston, for more help.
Thanks, do you have any contact info for him?

·
Infantry Sniper
857 Posts
Because I've had great experiences with BlackBear, and they offer an in-person tune for $250, rather than a data-log for $600.
If you retune later down the road is it free? It is with Livernois, and also I believe I only paid $400 for mine.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
If you retune later down the road is it free? It is with Livernois, and also I believe I only paid $400 for mine.
I learned a very EXPENSIVE lesson with Livernois....
If you upgrade to a s/c down the road like I did... the tune is useless....

Get a local tuner like I did...
I was VERY happy with Livernois.... BUT I went past the point where they couldn't help me anymore... :(

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Pat g without a thought if I lived that close. Put it to you this way, I'm planning on getting up with him in July and I live 9 hours away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts