Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading are these the same? I read the gxp are 2 chamber and the gt is a 3 chamber(quieter) is the ss muffler also a 2 chamber. just looking for a little loader over the stock gt mufflers thank you guys for the help on this.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The SS is not a direct bolt on. If you only want it a little louder then maybe play it safe and go with the GXP's. I don't know if the SS is the same chamber design as the gxp or not. I can tell you the gxp mufflers scream when you get on it and if you are looking for direct bolt on and only a little louder zero drone then thats the way to go.

·
Naturally as-pirated
360 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think they are a similar design internally but to me they do sound slightly different from the clips I've heard. I have SS mufflers on my GT and they are way louder than the GT mufflers but don't sound quite as deep as the GXP mufflers to me. This pic is supposedly from a VE commodore and what I would think is the same as the GXP muffler, basically like a turbo muffler setup. I've never seen an actual GXP or SS muffler cut open so can't say for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts