Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've looked around and can't find an answer to this yet.

I am very interested in getting an H-pipe installed on my g8. I'd like the sound the H provides over the X pipe. Are there any companies that make H-pipes? I read about stolen fox making them but they aren't making any anymore. Is my only option to see if a shop can fab one up for me?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of getting that a couple months back but I was looking for a slightly cheaper route now (new house and recently engaged). You have me back to thinking I'll just wait a bit and get the catbacks when I have the money :)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I see everyone doing the x and figured it was for a reason. Is it as good in terms of air flow ?. I am to understand you get more of a muscle car sound with the H ? If I'm going with badlanz e cuts,which would be better ? Sorry op not trying to thread jack. I've been debating over which way to go H or x and I saw you where going with the H , something I don't see guys on the forum do. I want a muscle car sound and not the euro sports car sound. I actually thought with the cuts it wouldn't matter which way I went ,it would be more about better air flow? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I read this a while back, good read and it basically explained the concept of exhaust scavenging and the ways that each style achieve it. Sound is also gone over a bit.

I currently have an x pipe in my GT mid pipe and am happy with the sound but, am going to stick with the stock h pipe in my gxp mid pipe once I get it installed just to see how the sound and resonance difference is. I can always have an x welded in if I choose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.