Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my h-pipe installed today. Sounds awsome with my solo axle backs. Although the exhaust note gets alittle out of control at WOT. Think im gunna put some resinators on when i can afford it(after my wedding) prob gunna use some of the wedding money for new wheels too hehe.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Awesome! I was thinking about going H pipe last fall when I got the super turbos but didnt have time that day to do it. Post Pics if you got em.

Do you have the shop fab up the H pipe or was it a Kit?

Whats the sound like? I would assume deeper than an X pipe and does it drone at lower RPMs.

Where did you place it? I am assuming where the mid muffler was but I am curious.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the shop fab one up for me, they tried lookin for a kit but it would have takin too long to get. Sorry no picks just dropped it off before work and picked it up after. It was put where the mid muffler used to be. It sounds a bit more deeper than the X from what ive herd on videos of x-pipe setup. I would highly recemend that you keep the stock resi on. I dont have them anymore and exhausr note gets alittle out of hand at WOT. It does drone alittle but im hoping that when i get some aftermarket resi put on it will fix everything. Ill try and get a video up this weekend.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Drone even with the stock axlebacks? That's a surprise. I thought those mufflers would kill anything. What other intake/exhaust mods do you have?

Can't wait to hear a sound clip. I think this is the first h-pipe.

-Dennis-

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the solos on there. Havnt tried it with the stock cans. Im prob gunna put them back on tho until i get some resinators put on

·
Registered
456 Posts
The resonators may not fix it. Have you considered talking to Solo about some J-pipes?

-Dennis-

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah ive considered it but i kinda want to calm down the exhaust note alittle too. I dont think the j would do that could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You are right about that. The Js will only kill the drone. I kept the stock cans, cut out the mid section and put in an X-pipe. Quiet at idle and cruising, nice sound at WOT. Perfect DD manners.

-Dennis-

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am eager to hear the sound clips. I would have had Super Turbos anyway had I gotten an H pipe so it would sound completely different but I want to hear the tone. Its got to be allot deeper.

How much did the shop charge for the fabbed H setup? My shop was gonna charge me $150 I think for a fabbed one.

I am also curious to get your performance impressions. I wonder how the theory will hold... More low end torque but negligible peak HP gain....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The shop charged me $250 there expensive around here. As for performance havnt really had a chance to drive the car that much. Will post updates after the weekend when ive had a chance to give er.

·
10sec...all motor
253 Posts
Install the H-pipe or X-pipe as close to the merge (or tranny) as possible. There is more scavenging (power) to be gained there. Dynomax VTs are superb for drone free cruising without sacrificing straight thru at WOT. Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well heres the video. didnt get a chance to really drive the car that much this week so cant really say performance wise how its runnin. i definitly need some resonators tho. im prob gunna take the solos off soon til i get the resonators.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Sounds good, it will change some the more she carbons up. Drive her some to get the pipe seasoned...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My soon to be wife drives it all week but she babies it and she only takes it to work thats only 5 mins away. So it will take awhile to carbon up if she only drives it lol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im hoping that when i get some resonators welded on that this will be my last exhuast setup on this car. Spent too much money trying to get the exhaust note to be unique.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts