Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See some chatter on H11 LEDs. Can someone who has installed please post images showing the backside of the bulbs and moisture cap install?

While I have TRS HID and satisfied, I am curious on how the bulb fits since it has the fan on the backside and the bulb is not centered with the moisture cap - not much room to even install a TSB XB bulb.

I see TRS offers a LED option also, it has a passive cooler -however, they do not recommend as a low beam or primary bulb.

·
Registered
189 Posts
From what I recall on my TRS install, I had to drill out the plastic cap a little on the back and put o-ring inserts in there in order to make it fit. I will try to take a pic for you when I leave from work.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, if you have TRS led, images would be great!
I'm familiar with cutting the holes in the cap for the HID for the wire pass through. I recently installed the TRS Xb bulbs, they have a connector on the back which mandates alignment of the cap hole to the bulb for decent clearance. The LED bulb has the heat sink and fan hanging off the back (trs has sink only) - that's what I'm looking the see.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine are not the LED, but the Morimoto setup. And there really is no way to take a decent picture without removing some things. Sorry.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here are the Opt7 LEDs for reference:

I did have to remove the caps entirely.

Reactions: Jmav91

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I can take a photo of mine, leds in both high and low under the caps. Try to post it tonight

Done

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
This is one that fit under the cover for the high beam. Being high beam you don’t need one with a fan because they are not on long enough to need it. I’ve had this set in both of my G8s

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting. I run high beams when ever possible. Need to see the moose way down the road -

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
It’s just not on every second like the low beams. Now if you do get the lower profile ones with a fan. I did stretch the stock covers for a bit of added clearance. I heated the centre of the cap with a heat gun and pulled it down over a trailer ball to round the cover.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I bought them under the isinder name years ago. Just checked eBay and they have no name now.
Search MINI-H11-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-Conversion-Kit-48000LM $8.99

1 - 13 of 13 Posts