Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right now you can get the correct US programmed version of these awesome gauges developed by GTPprix/WAMS using the factory OE low temp rated G8 display AND the correct VIN Matching/programming per unit to avoid option mismatch codes from the BCM as well (please check your Model year on the site!). These also include custom dimmer curve programming to help with the fact that these units are pretty bright stock.

These include all the necessary hardware including plug and play harness and a full instruction manual developed on a G8.

Everyone involved with this project appreciates your patience while we got everything lined up and tweaked to do these right!

The harnesses are enroute from AUS we have ten units programmed ready to go with more on the way and will ship the second the harnesses arive in about a week or so.

We have also extended a preorder price for those of you who have been patiently waiting!

Here is a direct link to order:

http://sellersautosport.com/store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=26&category_id=31

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just ordered.... Great update for the 09's Thanks!

·
'11 STI Sedan
1,341 Posts
is there an option to send in an 08 unit to be programmed?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
EXCELLENT!

Just ordered mine as well, and it said there were 9 available. Just to clarify, does this mean I'll get mine in soon, from the first 10 you already had, when the harnesses arrive? GTPprix mentioned it being a pre-order, so I'm assuming he means that you're just waiting on the harnesses to get here before starting to ship the first ones out?

Also, great work on getting everything sorted out, to the both of you guys. It seemed like it turned into quite a task.

Oh and BTW, the pre-order price you mentioned is the one on your site, correct?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there an option to send in an 08 unit to be programmed?
PM GTPprix for info on the 2008's.

EXCELLENT!

from the first 10 you already had, when the harnesses arrive? GTPprix mentioned it being a pre-order, so I'm assuming he means that you're just waiting on the harnesses to get here before starting to ship the first ones out?
100% correct! We had a ton of people working on this, GMSPO, Holden, The Connector Suppliers, Holden Dealers and Holden Parts Resellers; it's been a bit of a nightmare to say the least that and the extended testing we did with different settings ect.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Me Too!!

Yep -- I took the plunge as well; Thanks GTPPrix for tempting us sooooooo much that it became a required mod!

--zepcom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strange. When I go to the link, I have to scroll way down for the information, and then after I enter the required information--quantity, year, and VIN, I click on Add to Cart, and nothing happens. I created an account and logged in and everything, cookies are enabled as well. I've tried this several times on different browsers.

Also, I called the contact number listed on the Sellers Auto Sport site for some help (1-800-PONTIAC) and I get a dealer in North Dakota who knows nothing about Sellers Auto Sport--either the person who answered or the parts department. Not sure what's going on here--??

Thanks for the help--

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
We are aware that there is an issue with the site under Firefox and are updating one of the machines here to IE 8 to make sure it works as all our machines here run IE 7 and so far have no issues. The Issue with the phone # we are researching as well as it works on our end but in the mean time please feel free to call 248-478-8000 and have the operator transfer you to auto sport; sorry for the mix up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, I tried it with IE7 and it works. However, an issue for me is that it looks like the order form is not secure--there's no "https" and nothing that leads me to believe that it will encrypt my credit card information, and I don't see any Paypal option. I went through the process up to the page where it requires credit card information, hoping that it would start to be encrypted there, but it doesn't look like it. Am I missing something?

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
874 Posts
Do these plug into the cars bus/can (whatever the hell its called) ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been following this since the beginning. Just ordered mine. Great job, guys!!! Can't wait to get it installed. I'm also really happy that you included a custom dimmer program. That was the one thing I was afraid of.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just ordered one also, but I was wondering just how plug & play it really is? Literally just plug in a wiring harness, are there wires to locate and splice into, or do we need to install the proper sensors and make the connections? I know the information is on the CAN, because I have a ScanGaugeII plugged into the OBDII and am monitoring the same information on it, but I would rather have this as it will be a much more sanitary install.
Any chance of posting a download of the instructions on your page? I'd like to be able to study them and send a copy to my mechanic so we understand what is involved before we start on it.

Thanks

John

1 - 20 of 109 Posts