Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
How will this work on my 08? Do i send in my Atari cluster for calibration?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I just want to say that Sellers Auto Sports ROCKS!

Big thanks to GTPprix on being responsive to me over the weekend and the quick follow up this morning from SAS. That is how a business should be run, very impressive.
You are very welcome, sorry about the misleading status indicator we are going to ask our awesome hosting guy if he can change the text from "not available to simply "out of stock"

How will this work on my 08? Do i send in my Atari cluster for calibration?
You need to send those to WAMS/GTPprix directly we only handle the 09+ kits.

·
Registered
526 Posts
No issues - I guess I had bad luck, I've hit that message both times after I've read, "hey they're available," here - timing is everything.

;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine arrived today, thanks! Now comes the tricky part; installing them without breaking anything.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Was the instruction manual ever completed? Got a link to them if so?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any choices for the gauges displayed? For example Amps instead of Volts?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just installed mine, yesterday. I had my local Audio Shop do the honors. I must say Chris, from Sellers was an excellent "Walk me through" guy. Taking the face plate off of the radio and A/C controls is a hoot. You need the Jaws of Life to pull it off. The gauges look just great and I left the rubber pad in place. Maybe I will take it off later. The gauges are super, very clear, large enough. Money well spent on this upgrade. I will enjoy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got mine today, but tomorrow I call GM and try to get them to voluntarily buy my car back so I may not need them.

:mad:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
We have about three backorders to fill and as soon as those are out the door we'll get another batch up there. These take some time to get lined up as there are quite a few logistics issues to overcome but it should be sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
So any word on the status of the instruction manual?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just a heads up all back orders should be filled tomorrow and we'll start a new batch soon. The instructions are still MIA due to a VERY unhappy computer. As soon as the pictures are retrieved (or we do another one in house) we'll toss them up. In the mean time BlueJackets install of his GPS mimics 99% of what you need to do so use that as a guide.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Just a heads up all back orders should be filled tomorrow and we'll start a new batch soon. The instructions are still MIA due to a VERY unhappy computer. As soon as the pictures are retrieved (or we do another one in house) we'll toss them up. In the mean time BlueJackets install of his GPS mimics 99% of what you need to do so use that as a guide.
Cool, thanks for the update. I figured Bluejacket's write up (very excellent one btw) would be pretty similar, so I'll go with that when I install mine this weekend.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ok we have a small batch of these back in stock, I'm sure they will be sold out by tonight like last time. Just a heads up guys and gals!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Ok we have a small batch of these back in stock, I'm sure they will be sold out by tonight like last time. Just a heads up guys and gals!
Mine's due to be delivered on Friday as well... I really can't wait! :):):)

WRT taking the dash apart ... a word of advice to those who think it's a big job: Follow the GPS install how-to from "BlueJacket" with the detailed pictures and whatnot .... after you tear it all apart once and put it together once, it becomes second nature and is quite easy. I think I've had my dash apart 4 times already and I haven't referenced the instructions since the first time.

Odd to me that I always end up with extra screws though... lol :drink:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Mine's due to be delivered on Friday as well... I really can't wait! :):):)

WRT taking the dash apart ... a word of advice to those who think it's a big job: Follow the GPS install how-to from "BlueJacket" with the detailed pictures and whatnot .... after you tear it all apart once and put it together once, it becomes second nature and is quite easy. I think I've had my dash apart 4 times already and I haven't referenced the instructions since the first time.

Odd to me that I always end up with extra screws though... lol :drink:
To add to the install info, look out for a plastic piece that is blocking the plug that you need to connect the harness to. I thought I had gotten everything connected right, but then the gauges weren't turning on. I got worried they were DOA or something. Thankfully we had thought to check the gauges before putting everything back together, and eventually my friend checked the plug more carefully and found the plastic piece that was blocking it.

Once I took that off, the harness plugged in firmly and the gauges lit up beautifully. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine has shipped as well. It would be awesome if they could somehow tie these into the system to where they could display instant fuel economy.

41 - 60 of 109 Posts