Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanx to all who showed up at Bandimere Speedway today...had a great time out there.

Best time: 14.740:driving:
Trap'd at 97.81mph

Best reaction time was a .071 sec on another run....grrr

Let's do this again soon....

ps...for any non-Rocky Mountain area peeps reading this...our DA was around 9000 feet today...that kills times compared to you sea level or couple hundred feet ppl

·
Former G8 GT owner
1,209 Posts
It is crazy how slow the altitude makes you go..

about 9 or 10 years ago I went to Bandimere in my stock 2000 Hyundai Tiburon and ran a 17.x -- Which I was told wasn't too bad for a stock 4 cylinder with 140 hp.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep...Had a great time. Jacki...please let me know how I can get those videos of us running. My bald head is sun burnt, Damn...

14.0...best time...I really wanted to get to the 13's...oh well...maybe I should take the trunk liner and tire kit out...hehehehehehe...

Tony

·
Tin Indian
440 Posts
Those are some really good times for how bad the air was!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Damn looks like I missed a good time. Wyome, saw yours and nstar's G8s parked on the fence at the ADF when I went to the gym for my run on Friday. The gym is about as close as I can park to you guys.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks like fun to me!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Great pics!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Scott,
Those are some really nice pics...Can you send me those...or perhaps post them (full size of course)?

I really had a great time yesterday..Can't say it enough...It was great to meet everyone in the Pontiac family...I'll be looking forward to the next event..

Jacki...where are those vids?

Tony

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn looks like I missed a good time. Wyome, saw yours and nstar's G8s parked on the fence at the ADF when I went to the gym for my run on Friday. The gym is about as close as I can park to you guys.
Yeah...I call it "Cool Kids Parking"...that might be why u ain't there with us :wink2:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Scott,
Those are some really nice pics...Can you send me those...or perhaps post them (full size of course)?

I really had a great time yesterday..Can't say it enough...It was great to meet everyone in the Pontiac family...I'll be looking forward to the next event..

Jacki...where are those vids?

Tony
Sure, I can send you the pics, but you have to come clean with your G8 first. ;> How you run that fast does not make sense.... PM me your e-mail, and I'll send you pictures. I'm not sure how I can post them any bigger as I uploaded them full size to photobucket and linked the pics from there.

BTW, did you ever run your G8 before the mods?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CAI ... catback exhaust and a tune is what he told me...others who have done the same have gotten similar gains..

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Those mods should put him right with the GXPs stock, which is where he is. Big part of it is the trans settings in the tune.

You managed to get pics of me actually winning :). That poor Cobalt? did not stand a chance on my second best run of the day...but one I ran another time got me by 0.5 sec. The Firebird really need tires so he can launch...a ~3200lb car with a big block should rape me out of the hole, at least until I get a tune and a stall....being stuck at 1200rpm stall sucks.

Would have liked to get pics/vids of the first run of the day (very first run of the day...I was first to tech and got straight into line... me and Jackie in a pair of SBM GXP's, she got me by a couple lengths. We also got to line up for the last run of our day, and I treed her .122 to .208, and she couldn't quite walk around me...win to me by 0.0243. Also happened to be my best ET of 14.240 @ 100.11 on a 2.251 60ft. My best trap was 100.80, best 60ft was 2.213, and best R/T was .012 backed up by a .014 and a couple .03x and a .075, with a .307 worst.

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Now I know where they are hiding all the blue G8's as I've never seen one in person.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Those mods should put him right with the GXPs stock, which is where he is. Big part of it is the trans settings in the tune.
I think he is running where a GXP would run with a CAI and tune. .2 quicker than a stock GXP is way faster than he should be running.

My G8 ran 14.795 stock, and 14.658 after the CAI, tune, and axle back. For me to run a 14 flat, I would need a cam and headers. Granted, I may weigh a couple pounds more than nstar8, but even with my dog driving my car and helium in my tires, I'm not running better than a 14.5.

Anyway, I'm proud that the GT beat the GXP's with only minor modifications. You go brother!

p.s. Now that I think about it, I bet he has one of those Tornado vortex intake gadgets. That would explain the numbers.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey all -- Sorry for the delay. Had to make an unexpected trip to Wisconsin, Vince's grandfather passed away unexpectedly. I will play with the video camera & also get with the others that were there with vid's and get them posted ASAP.

Thanks to all those that showed up! Had a great time. Hopefully the weather will be good for the first Club Clash event this week -- See y'all on Friday!

Til then! Take it easy! JLAsti

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for sharing. Now I know where they are hiding all the blue G8's as I've never seen one in person.
And just think of what it would've been like if the other two from around here had shown up!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts