Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(I guess that 56k beware part is pretty much useless this day in age...)

Anyhow!, I had my G8 detailed today by a fellow board member on LS1Tech. Back when I had my GP GXP he posted photos of the detail work he had been doing and I always wanted to have my done by him because of his work.

Mods, am I allowed to post a reference to his facebook page or the name of his side business? How about a screen name?

Anyhow, I drove 3 1/2 hours to his house. It was a full 7-8 hours in detail work with minimal car talk. Okay, maybe moderate car talk! This is the before and after photos.

Note, I do plan on having my hood and front bumper repainted soon. The damn thin paint on these has cars has allowed quite a few stone chips to come through. If only the GXP conversion weren't so expensive...:embarrassed: Also, yes, I have a lot of pictures below. Sorry! Im just giddy as hell about the difference.

Before

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After:

50/50 Comparing Differences

·
Registered
996 Posts
Looks awesome! Did Alex do this? How much was it?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks awesome! Did Alex do this? How much was it?
It wasn't Alex. It was someone by the name of Derek in Ohio. He's known pretty well over on tech.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Did you have the interior and motor done ? Paint came out good. I took the time to clay bar mine today. Nice day for it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have the interior and motor done ? Paint came out good. I took the time to clay bar mine today. Nice day for it.
No, I didn't that done because there wasn't enough time in the day. My interior is actually pretty clean besides a bit of sand and stuff on the mats. A good 1/2 hours and its back to perfect. He gave me instructions on how to do the engine bay.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Gotcha

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I detail for a living in new york. Your paint wasn't as bad as this Dakota I did. I swear the guy drove this thing on a construction site. Here's a before and after of the hood.right side before and left side after. It was all chipped up but did what I could. I dont remember how long it took me. There are some nice before and afters of some interiors Ive done.I don't mind doing it , I'm not an office person. But then again I'm not a winter person either,so there's its ups and downs

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/funkygreens/IMAG0127_zps7b9f86d6.jpg

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Got a little picture happy lol.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks great man, congrats. I had my front bumper repainted thanks to a little fender bender by an inattentive driver. It Makes a world of difference on the paint chipping.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Agreed. Car looks great. Now, I know what the 56k beware in the thread title means.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.