Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hagerty will be including an article on my car in the next issue- March-April. This car has every option that was available in 2008 except the smoker's package. One of 927 total with a little over 500 V8s. The car now has just over 77K miles. I drive it about 1200 miles/year and it still drives like new. I am the 2nd owner. Purchased from a personal acquaintance. The car is still shown in the cars sold section on this forum if you would like to read more about it.

grandpop09

· Premium Member
10,683 Posts
...The car is still shown in the cars sold section on this forum if you would like to read more about it...
Perchance have the link to the thread?

· RANDOM VICTIM S.O.B.
181 Posts
Hagerty will be including an article on my car in the next issue- March-April. This car has every option that was available in 2008 except the smoker's package. One of 927 total with a little over 500 V8s. The car now has just over 77K miles. I drive it about 1200 miles/year and it still drives like new. I am the 2nd owner. Purchased from a personal acquaintance. The car is still shown in the cars sold section on this forum if you would like to read more about it.

grandpop09
POWER to the IOM:cool:

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there anything interesting about your car that makes it article worthy?
I guess not if you read what I posted and did not see anything interesting. It is completely stock in excellent condition. All possible documentation is with the car starting back with the factory build sheet which was typically discarded at the end of the assembly line. The car is presently valued at $23.1K.

Enjoy your GXP!

grandpop09

· Registered
2,337 Posts
I guess not if you read what I posted and did not see anything interesting. It is completely stock in excellent condition. All possible documentation is with the car starting back with the factory build sheet which was typically discarded at the end of the assembly line. The car is presently valued at $23.1K.

Enjoy your GXP!

grandpop09
Sounds like a nice, clean, well kept example. Enjoy. 🍻

· Premium Member
2009 G8 Base
290 Posts
Congrats!!

Its always cool to get your car in a magazine

My 94TA GT made this issue of HPP(attached cover shot) my TA is in the right rear of the 4 car shot on the corner of the cover and a full feature inside

We had 2 issues of 4 cars each for the first Canadian Shootout at Grand Bend Motorsport Park

It was on Friday Sept 13th 2002 and man there was enough bad luck and happenings that I truly biilieve the day Friday 13th is cursed.

Attachments

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's great!! By the way, the picture on the mag cover is of a 1967 GTO. I had one that I bought new in 1966, just a bit over $3200 - Mariner Turquoise, 4 spd, posi rear, black interior- dog dish caps, Red LIne tires, AM-FM radio, A/C, power brakes with front discs (first year for that). Drove 4 years with no warranty repairs (only 12 month warranties back then). Put just over 80K miles. Sold it and bought new 1971 455 HO with all the goodies including the honeycomb wheels. Paid a bit over $5K for that one.

grandpop09

· Registered
9 Posts
It's great to hear survivor stories. I'm on the same page with my ride. I bought it from the original owner that treated it like a collector car from new. It's a 2009 GT with 42k mile on it. I love how so many people haven't a clue what it is. It's crazy though as I often go to Australia for work and see all iterations of our cars (as the Commodore of course), as well as the GTO/ Monaro.

· Registered
2008 G8 GT / Magnetic Grey / 87K Miles / Original Owner / Daily Driver until 2014
4 Posts

grandpop09
So as the original owner of a 2008 GT I'm curious about this smoker's package as I don't see it listed anywhere in the 2008 Pontiac G8 brochure. What exactly did that entail?
Menu Font Blackboard Cooking

· Premium Member
10,683 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My understanding of it is it's a moduler unit that was installed in the opening where the 12 Volt plug-in is under the heat/AC controls are. Never saw one and possibly it was not available on the 2008 models.

grandpop09

· Registered
275 Posts
Not to thread jack, but I was able to source a rear smoker's kit as I wanted an OEM solution for adding a 12V for the rear seats. Neat addition for something that seems to be pretty hard to find.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Steering wheel

Reactions: gsdup
1 - 20 of 21 Posts