Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
A healthy but tidy glob of JB Weld where that mounting boss is broken from inside the pull-handle will do the job.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Looks like a passenger side door and could quite possible have happened by placing an extra amount of stress on the front edge of the handle. Typically, try to grab the door handle in the middle versus on either extremity to more evenly distribute the closing force/pressure. At any rate, that is nether here nor there and first hunch would be to either replace the door handle (if possible) or the entire door panel. However, "repairing" it another way might be an option as well. Good luck

·
Registered
225 Posts
epoxy maybe.. Jam a nut into the handle after epoxy and then screw that screw back in.. Or you could epoxy the OEM part back in. Be really light on it so that you don't get it all over the place. Use a plastic epoxy. Otherwise you will have to replace that part.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I’ll probably just attempt to glue it back on and if all else fails I will probably just get a replacement door panel if they’re not too expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
By the way, there are a few G8 door panels floating around on eBay depending on which one is needed. Also, instructions should be available on the forum to assist with removing the door panel (if necessary).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same thing happened to me on the passenger door. Will try epoxy first. If that doesn’t work looks like will have to take the panel off

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you find you need one, I have a passenger front ebony leather panel available. I'm west coast!
Hey I’m on the east coast, my leather is the red / black (or onyx maybe, not sure to the official naming). Does that impact the door panel at all or are they all the same? Maybe move this to a PM. Might just want a new panel because when I used epoxy it just came off again two months later ^_^

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is no difference in the leather panels for the red/black interior option. They are the same as onyx interior. Here are the front door panel part numbers for both cloth and leather:

leather
Left 92204582
Right 92204583

cloth
Left 92204584
Right 92204585

There are some available on eBay. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, not sure how this happened but the armrest / doorhandle seems to be loose and coming out. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Same thing happened to mine, passenger side. I used Gorilla Glue and it worked. Just make sure you wet the inside with a Q-tip 1st as the moisture makes the Gorilla Glue expand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like a passenger side door and could quite possible have happened by placing an extra amount of stress on the front edge of the handle. Typically, try to grab the door handle in the middle versus on either extremity auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver to more evenly distribute the closing force/pressure. At any rate, that is nether here nor there and first hunch would be to either replace the door handle (if possible) or the entire door panel. However, "repairing" it another way might be an option as well. Good luck
as far as how to fix it IDK but I know you will have to remove the door panel to get at the mounting point

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
as far as how to fix it IDK but I know you will have to remove the door panel to get at the mounting point
previously stated in post #2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts