Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using something like the Belkin Bluetooth car kit hooked up to the rear aux using the DIY adapter? http://www.belkin.com/us/F4U037/p/P-F4U037 This way you could just leave the phone in your pocket, or pluged in (charger) and left in the center counsle.

For iphone owners, the reviews on Amazon say you can use siri to navigate your music and make phone calls. I'm tired of all the cords in my car and have been looking for a viable option.....hopefully this maybe it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I get back from my deployment I'm going to try it.

·
NC
122 Posts
I could do this with a 5 dollar Mini jack to mini jack cable. This is more of a speaker phone set up than a bluetooth freq. connection.

Not trying to be mean... it's just a misnomer to call this bluetooth.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I could do this with a 5 dollar Mini jack to mini jack cable. This is more of a speaker phone set up than a bluetooth freq. connection.

Not trying to be mean... it's just a misnomer to call this bluetooth.
Did you even look at it? Yes it plugs into your aux port, but the device itself is bluetooth which would then allow you to stream music or make calls without plugging your phone in or even having to take it out of his pocket.

Unclesams_G8 wants to plug this into the rear aux so it isn't so obtrusive in the front and he wont have cords all over the place. He'd probably be better off using the aux input at the harness so then he can still use the little circular button thing.

·
NC
122 Posts
If it's plugged into the Radio... then it can't be bluetooth. Bluetooth uses radio frequencies to communicate. The Minijack cable denotes that the system is communicating through the Aux port.

·
Registered
568 Posts
If it's plugged into the Radio... then it can't be bluetooth. Bluetooth uses radio frequencies to communicate. The Minijack cable denotes that the system is communicating through the Aux port.
You can't be serious. Not sure if you're messing with me or you actually do believe that is what bluetooth is.

I guess technically it uses radio frequencies, but it isn't the radio frequencies that you're probably thinking of. You cant just turn on the radio in your car and have bluetooth through it. It has nothing to do with your radio. Bluetooth is similar to wifi but has a lot shorter distance. It is just a way to transmit data wirelessly. So your phone has bluetooth in it and can communicate with other bluetooth devices. The belkin device is just a way to transmit that data into audio and play it through the jack.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just transplanted my Parrot MKi9100 from the avy I sold into my G8...love it! Looks and works pretty good! No wires hangin around and most of the parts are pretty discrete...ordered a harness that almost litterally plugs and plays...had to tap an ignition line for some juice but that was about it!

Heres the bluetooth kit:
http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits

And heres the page where I ordered the harness:
http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts