Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pun intended xD

But seriously, seems my RPM isn't reaching as high as i want it to be. Even when i almost floor it, seems 4k-5k RPM max (when driving, i don't want to rev engine to mess up my timing chain in neutral or park)

Seems like the engine is holding back o.o as if around 4k-5k RPM i max out

Anyone have this problem or know why i would be experiencing it?

Just seems like the RPM should be able to give more power when i am at the near top of a gear.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
In sports mode mine goes just over 6000 RPM.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Somthing wrong , I could run mine to 6500 . Limiter kicked in at 6700. Had my Base for 3 1/2 years and was always that way..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Could be
plugged / restricted exhaust

·
Premium Member
8,268 Posts
Somthing wrong , I could run mine to 6500 . Limiter kicked in at 6700. Had my Base for 3 1/2 years and was always that way..
+1. Still not a problem. Have you checked/changed the air filter and mass air flow sensor?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had this problem on my truck. My AFR was way off. If you are tuned, maybe your tune is bad. I have also seen this happen with a plugged cat converter or otherwise restricted exhaust.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Any codes?

Check your maf sensor and make sure its clean. Sounds scary lean to me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had a tune that kept leaning out and it lost tons of power at the 5500-6500 range, retuned and it ran great

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, and mine was really lean. When I added fuel, it fixed the problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, i am waiting on my K & N air filter, and now that i think of it i might have been in normal automatic mode. Yesterday had some fun with a street bike in sports mode, and saw engine RPM reach 7K RPM from take off. smoked the street bike on a 30 KM drive

I haven't got a tune yet. The Place where i live people aren't used to the higher performance cars, so hard to find a performance shop. Mostly 4 Cylinders / trucks here.

What kind of tune should i get?

My inspection is due this month so i will have mechanic check out MAF and mufflers, specifically, among few other things. Give it a good once over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts