Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, thought I'd throw this out here before I go drop another $400+ on a dyno/street tune. My current trans tune has a strange 6-5 5-4 downshift thing going on. It's at closed or light throttle. It will rev match even in drive for this two downshifts, then it bangs into gear pretty hard after the rev match. I don't quite get what's going on with it, as it's not supposed to rev match in drive. If I turn ct tq management off, it doesn't match, but it's still kinda bangs into gear. I don't want tq management off anyway. I can email my tune to anyone that's willing to look at it for me, but I don't think the tuner would appreciate it being posted up on the board.

And it only does it in those gears. If I don't let it get out of 4'th, the downshifts are smooth as butter.
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This maybe better suited in the tuning section. Mods please move if you feel it's best.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Maybe the downshift times are too short

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take a look at them. We have very similar builds minus the nos. Would you mind taking a peek at it?

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
All you have to do is raise the 4th and 5th mph lockup setting so they don't apply at normal driving. You have your 5th and 6th shift point pretty high so when it downshifts, it is in the window for lockup. Welcome to having a stall. Lockup is the downside of a stall, you never notice it with a stock converter since they don't need to lock 100% but you can't slip a stall clutch unless you feel replacing the trans and converter in a few thousand miles....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts