Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced the tps, gas pedal, cleaned the throttle body, and it'll be fine for a little while then jump back into psm and safe mode. I was looking into a throttle body but the manager at auto zone told me his brother had that problem with his v6CTS and solved it with a ecm reprogram. Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Never heard of such a thing regard reprogramming the engine control module to fix a power saving mode issue. Power saving mode (more or less) is a low voltage situation within the electrical system that could be caused by a number of things. At any rate, was replacing the throttle position sensor, gas pedal and cleaning the throttle body part of troubleshooting the power saving mode issue? The throttle position sensor is attached to the throttle body and upon replacement, was a relearn performed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the throttle position sensor was replaced but I didn't do any relearn sequence though. Would you share how I can do that?

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Information pulled from a different thread thread. Could try a combination of the two procedures although the first one resets the oil life monitor to 99%.
... Changing out the TB, requires that the re-learn procedure *must* be performed. There is some other information on "Circuit/System Verification". Not that this solves the problem, but you could perform that action called for, followed by the re-learn stuff again, to see if it will reset again. It says with ignition on, *rapidly* depress the accelerator pedal from the rest position to the WOT position, then release the pedal. Repeat this several times...
...With ignition off for at least the past 30 seconds, turn on the ignition (with engine OFF) for -60- seconds, then turn ignition off. It then says to turn the ignition on (with engine OFF)....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts