Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really loving these wheels. They come in 20x10 with 45mm offset. This should allow me to run a 285mm tire with no rubbing issues! I wonder if a 295mm tire would work since my fenders are rolled.
Anyway here they are:

·
Registered
933 Posts
I dunno, many people told me that the 20X10 45 offset Breyton GTF2's I have would rub with 285s. Some suggested they might rub with 275s.

Some of the clearance is based on the tire also...

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently have 275mm on 43 offset 10" wheels and no problems. Now my fenders are rolled granted.
So I am thinking a 285mm on 10" 45 offset should be good.
I am just wondering how much can be shaved off them to possibly allow a 295mm????

I need more tire. With boost my 275's are a joke right now. I can't even accelerate hard.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hub bore's are either 66.90, 67.00, 72.60, or 74.10. I wonder if any of these can work with hubcentric rings to fit our hubs?

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
Braelins are a line of wheels that is part of Fast Wheels Canada. The line was created just over a year ago.

The Braelin line caters to the 'luxury sport' segment and, from what I've heard, these wheels are drilled to order.

I was looking at the ones you posted (BR01) in hyper silver but decided on VMRs because the cost in 19s was pretty high. They look great in Black but I do not like black wheels on a grey car.

You may want to consider the BR03 as they are a little cheaper and have that multispoke 'BMW' look.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, but the BR01's look head and shoulders better than the BR03's. JMO
That first car VW/Audi looks hot with those wheels!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those BR01's look awesome :)

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I whole-heartedly agree with post #22. I was one of the old school anti-Breyton's back in the old days...2009. lmao
To me the VMR's are just another Breyton multispoke.

For me the 5-spoke reminds me of muscle; the multispoke is Euro-elegance. There is nothing wrong with either and the G8 looks good with both.
But the black racing stripes kinda heed way to which direction I am leaning. :D
Just my $0.02. ;)

·
I maek mah avitar :3
338 Posts
I whole-heartedly agree with post #22. I was one of the old school anti-Breyton's back in the old days...2009. lmao
To me the VMR's are just another Breyton multispoke.

For me the 5-spoke reminds me of muscle; the multispoke is Euro-elegance. There is nothing wrong with either and the G8 looks good with both.
But the black racing stripes kinda heed way to which direction I am leaning. :D
Just my $0.02. ;)
Yeah I wanted Breytons as well, originally till I read somewhere they were pretty heavy and didn't bother.

If I had a GT, I probably would've ended up with the Braelins without question. Since I have a V6, I think its character would be lost (even though I have GT brakes). Decided to play it safe and go with something a bit classy / touring. I love the aggressive design of the BR01.

Good thing is if I change my mind, I shouldn't have any issues selling the wheels to the right person.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
They look good in black.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts