Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Has my car been wrecked?

885 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Spikito 
#1 ·
There is nothing obvious that I can tell, I can usually tell when a cars been re-painted when the light glares across it, but there is none of that, the panels all line up, lenses match etc.

carfax was clean when I bought

Took it to my body shop guy when I bought it, and he said it was clean

Well today getting off work I saw something odd under my rear drivers tire. I fiddled with it, and it was lime green masking tape, on the edge of my fender lip, stuck to the fender well, along that border.

It was lime green, 2 overlapped pieces about 1/2 inch wide, 5 inches long, and had a bit of over spray paint on it, that matches my car.

Could this STILL be stuck there from the factory? Otherwise the car is flawless other than a inch long very fine scratch on the spoiler, it looks like a white cat hair.

#2 ·
not factory for sure, its just had a good paint repair if you cant see anything else

#4 ·
yep. it happens A LOT! I paint many non insurance jobs could have been nothing more then a door ding on the fender, no one would make a claim for that. but would want it fixed. especially for the purpose of reselling it.

#5 ·
Just don't think about it... Think of it as dating a person who looks like a supermodel. You love her dearly, finish each other's sentences and the whole nine yards.

Later, you find she had a little plastic surgery like a nose job or taking off some moles. Would you agonize over this? :)

#6 ·
Probably had a scratch, and they just touched it up.

#7 ·
Well, if not for the overspray, I'd suggest that it was leftover tape from a session at the dragstrip. Many ppl tape up the rear fenders to protect the paint from the debris kicked up by doing burnouts...

#8 ·
I doubt this car was dragged....based on a few things I've noticed, plus the vehicle history report, I'm pretty sure a soccer mom had it.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, its just that this is by far the most pristine car I've ever owned, I just wanted to know.

The supermodel analogy is perfect, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.