Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any idea how to remove the whole assem.(havin a tuff time removin the back of the bulb dust cover itself)?ive tried the two 10mm bolts on top and it still has a bolt on the bottom or clip any idea's?question #2 would u guys advise a higher wattage bulb for the low beams somewhere around 100 watt or is that a bad idea??Thanx Dan

·
I can haz Horsepower?
1,197 Posts
any idea how to remove the whole assem.(havin a tuff time removin the back of the bulb dust cover itself)?ive tried the two 10mm bolts on top and it still has a bolt on the bottom or clip any idea's?question #2 would u guys advise a higher wattage bulb for the low beams somewhere around 100 watt or is that a bad idea??Thanx Dan

Easiest way to get the headlight out is...

Hit a deer.:(

They come right out after that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i put in HIDs in mine and i found it easyest to take off the tire then the black plastic wheel well. the back of the light assembly is right there.

·
2FST4U
195 Posts
100W low beam? Please stay off any roads I'll be driving if you do this. That's almost twice the legal max wattage (55W) for low beams in the U.S. Even high beams are limited to 65W. Aside from the fact that you'll get flashed at by every oncoming driver because you're blinding them, you're also doubling the amp draw and significantly increasing the heat output. You run the risk of blowing fuses, melting wires and possibly damaging the headlight housing.

Aside from all that, the extra brightness from that bulb will give you a lot of glare off wet roads and severely reduce your visibility in foggy conditions. All in all, probably a bad idea.

·
Registered
511 Posts
#2 was a change that I did to my GTO. (modified H9 bulb in the H11 slot) It didn't put out much more light if any. It did change it from a yellow color to a blue color which was nice. Others had mention more heat and possible melting wires, but mine never did. I also never had anyone flash their brights at me either. The GTO low beam headlights are extremely weak, so it may not be a good comparison. Take pictures and share if you get it done.

·
G8-less
53 Posts
100W low beam? Please stay off any roads I'll be driving if you do this. That's almost twice the legal max wattage (55W) for low beams in the U.S. Even high beams are limited to 65W. Aside from the fact that you'll get flashed at by every oncoming driver because you're blinding them, you're also doubling the amp draw and significantly increasing the heat output. You run the risk of blowing fuses, melting wires and possibly damaging the headlight housing.

Aside from all that, the extra brightness from that bulb will give you a lot of glare off wet roads and severely reduce your visibility in foggy conditions. All in all, probably a bad idea.
headlight circuit is fused...it should pop a fuse before melting wires unless there is a short...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
ShouldaHaddaG8
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing