Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of JBA headers awhile back and had them ceramic coated locally. Just started teardown tonight. Got the drivers side manifold and cat off and unhooked the steering shaft in about 1 1/2hrs. Not bad so far!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Well........and......?
About frigging time you broke down and started on em. Its no raptor for dang sure huh?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Bo it sure isn't a Raptor, but as far as headers go I have had worse. Looks like the passenger side will be a bit more cramped gettin the to the manifold bolts though. As soon as I get this done the Raptor gets a cam and TB swap. Then I swear I'll leave stuff alone!........ for awhile lol

Yeah 768MPH I took a chance on the plugs, will see if I feel lucky on the other side tonight!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much got her squared away except o2 sensors and connecting the factory pipes. Now for the bonehead move of the evening...... I have the car parked over a pit in my shop. i set the drivers side header up from below, got it halfass in place then climbed up top to get a bolt in it. As soon as I touched it it disappeared and I heard a loud crash down below! All of a sudden I felt nauseous and afraid to go into the pit! As it turned out there wasnt any dents and just some scuffs in the coating, thank God! Survived a 6ft drop onto concrete! Gotta say JBA did their homework on these, everything clears by at least a quarter inch and ground clearance is awesome, tucked up just above the frame.

·
What A Hoser Eh?
408 Posts
I just put my headers on too. Gotta love scaring the pants off old ladies when you auto start in parking lots. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Now drive it down the interstate to the muffler shop......you will hear interior rattles you never new you had lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol I really wanted to drive it to work this morning. A guy I work with has a TC Cobalt SS, I could have rattled his windows but good! But I dont think anyone would have appreciated me takin it through town at 6am to drop off the kids!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap Bo you were right! I drove it to town to get some gas, almost made my head exlpode!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, finally got it done and tuned. Its a whole new beast now! Havnt been able to play with it much on account of all the rain though. I'll post up some pics later this evening. Big thanks go out to Shane for the tune and Bo for advice on hookin everything up!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice meeting you too Shane, you did a great job

Here is a little video I shot while the car was still over the pit. Figured this would be an unusual look and listen to the headers from the underside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts