Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for some info on headers and wondering what would be my best approach. I want to buy a set of affordable headers to get my lovely G8 all ready for the summer. It's currently straight piped (with cats) with true dual exhaust, I like how it sounds, it's pretty loud, but a little raspy. Would a set of headers make it too loud as it's set up now, or just change the tone and make it deeper?
I plan on also getting a vararam intake and a tune to go with the headers, would i see a noticeable power increase over stock?
Just looking to get the best bang for my buck for now, it's my first year having the car. There may be some head work and a cam in the future, but I want to get the ugly stock air box and rusted exhaust manifold out before show season.
Can I hook up the headers to the stock cats? I just wanna avoid buying an expensive set of high flow ones right now if possible, and going catless isn't really an option in New York.
Let me know what you think of my "plan", I'm new to the G8 world so all feedback helps, thanks!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
If you want inexpensive Manzos these can not be hooked up to stock cats. High flow cats is what you want with any headers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Coated Kooks through good vender with high flow cats 3 ' x pipe all Stainless. Mufflers are your choice but a straight pipe setup will be way loud.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
SLP headers and cats will hook up to stock midpipes...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Don't think they make SLP headers anymore

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did sime research, think I'm going to check out the manzos. From what I've heard also I'll probably have to modify the collector to be 3", any recommendations for some relatively cheap high flow cats that would fit to it?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm running slp headers from Maryland Speed came with the cats. And ceramic coating. They bolted up to the borla cat back. Sounds good too.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Did sime research, think I'm going to check out the manzos. From what I've heard also I'll probably have to modify the collector to be 3", any recommendations for some relatively cheap high flow cats that would fit to it?
I used the kit from solo but they were not that cheap but for me I have not had any issues. These came as a kit & where all in one piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
I put on pypes headers and for the price couldn't be better. If you want cats just get these inexpensive headers and weld on some high flow cats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone have Manzos on their car and could speak for their quality? I heard from other threads that the quality is hit or miss. My main concern really is the 202 grade stainless steel, is it going to just rust after 6 months or a year? If they aren't gonna last, I'll just get some "more expensive" ones.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do the pypes bolt right up? Or are adapters needed. Currently have solo cat back on the gxp.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I put JBA longtubes on my g8 and it really woke it up. Muffler shop can make the connection to your cat's. I got the ceramic coated 1 3/4 on ebay for like 550 and I thought that was too good to pass up. It dropped half second off 1000ft time at the track too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts