Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the chevy SS kooks headers will fit the G8 GT, nobody has the kooks G8 headers in stock and kooks says it will be mid March before they start shipping out but many places have the Chevy SS headers in stock, any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
If Chevrolet SS headers fitted/bolted directly to the G8, then what would prevent vendors from shipping them in place of G8 headers? The part numbers are different, SKU: 24202400 1-7/8" Stainless Headers. 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 and SKU: 25102400 1-7/8" Stainless Headers. 2014-2017 Chevrolet SS. Am pretty sure the SS has a block mounted oil cooler unlike the G8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the SS has a oil cooler which is why the G8 headers won't fit the SS, I know they have different part #'s for the G8 and SS, was just curious if the SS headers would fit being that the cars are basically the same if you strip off the bumpers and fenders, just want to get my baby out of the garage and go have some fun, just completed a full engine build but can't enjoy it cause I have no exhaust

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Although both the Chevrolet SS and Pontiac G8 GXP have LS3 motors. Are a set of Kooks headers the only viable option?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been searching for weeks and nobody has anything comparable to the kooks in stock due to covid, do not want used ones

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Less than one day ago, a set of Kooks headers were sold on the forum. Maybe you could be second in line IF the deal falls through.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I recommend Stainless Works long tube headers. Though they have a notice about COVID-related production delays, I just ordered SW 1 7/8" long tube headers and literally received them in a week. Select either 1 7'8' or 2" primaries for the same price. Cat back or performance connect. Hi-flow cats or none. 304 stainless steel. Made in the USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions, I ordered the American racing full system this morning, they had it in stock and will have it early next week and it was actually cheaper straight from them than ebay

·
Premium Member
6,182 Posts
Enjoy the new exhaust setup and let us know how it turns out (thoughts/feedback).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts