Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So randomly my car’s low beams stopped working. My high beams, fog lights, turn signals, brake lights and reverse lights still work. Changed the relay and the bulbs and they still won’t work. What am i doing wrong? Can someone help?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Could be a faulty exterior lamp control (headlamp) switch as both lamps don't normally stop working at the same time. Do the lamps illuminate for the daytime running lights? There's one relay (R6) that feeds both low beam headlamps and a separate fuse (F10-driver/F12-passenger) for each.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Yes it does as in?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If the daytime running lamps are still enabled on the vehicle then the low beam headlamps should automatically illuminate during the daytime and the headlamps, parking lamps, tail, etc. should illuminate at "night". Presuming the lowbeams fail to illuminate both automatically and when commanded through the headlamp switch. If that's the case could be a wiring issue of some sort.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you have access to a tech2, check for body (B) codes,an ambient sensor or headlamp ground fault will show up there, play close attention to the low beam grounds as they share the same ground from a splice inside front lighting harness.you prob wont see it through an ohm meter as the ground will collapse under the amperage with the lamps on,you can remove socket/s and jump black wire to a good ground

·
Registered
83 Posts
I lost my low beams and fogs thanks to a bad ground. Fun thing to happen in the middle of the night. Dealer fixed for $400+ after I replaced bulbs, fuses and relays to no avail. The electrical gremlins showing up in this car are starting to spook me.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
$400 plus to fix a bad ground is rather interesting to say the least. Perchance it will cure some of the electrical issues. :unsure:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Of course if that ground was at the splice J102 or connector X100 good luck for most techs trying to find that !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts