Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BigCasnio
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have haze or oxidation on my headlights, but rather very small chips from various road hazards...bugs, rocks, etc. Anyone have experience in removing these small chips and making the finish smooth or like-new? I thought about wet sanding, but I really don't want to even try it in case it doesn't work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Subscribing. I have the same exact problem and would love to hear any possible solutions. I have a headlight restore kit leftover from another projects hat worked great for oxidation, but I'm not sure how good it will work on rock chips.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
287 Posts
I clay barred mine, then it it with a restore kit, then did Headlight Armor overlays, and you'd pretty much never see anything, plus the headlight protection you don't have to worry anymore about new chips or anything.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have those micro cracks on the inside of my headlights, only visible with lights on. Looks like crap (to me)

I overheard someone once stating that it could be replaced at the dealership under a TSB?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
BigCasnio
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I clay bar mine whenever I do the rest of the car. It doesn't remove any chips. I need something more abrasive. And the overlays would be ideal

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
I just got mine done at my local detailer. They use a power buffer with various levels of polish compound. Removed light pits and any signs of hazing. It was about$50 each side.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I just spray tinted all the reflectors and front head lamps, still need to do the tails. Havent seen it with the lights in it yet but looks good. 5-6 coats of clear coat spray paint on top. Got it at the auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts