Pontiac G8 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Too bad there isn't another relay identical to R6 in the engine compartment fuse block. Hopefully, jumping both pins will cause the headlights to illuminate. By the way, am seeing three different part numbers for the relay, AcDelco 13503100, AcDelco D1775C, and General Motors 92199314.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So I found a wiring diagram for the headlights what it looks like to me "any" positive on the ground lead is wrong. I had assumed the BCM also controlled the ground. As I can see it only controls the relays. I'll start running it down it has to be something in the harness

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you dont have , maybe this will help

g8 low beams.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks that will come in handy. I probably won't start on it till I take the front bumper off, noodle, wind splitter, emblem, etc... Thanks for all your help!

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Accessing the wiring harness may very well reveal the problem. Removing the front bumper cover is relatively easy although vaguely recall the process. To the best of your knowledge, was the vehicle involved in any type of front-end collison?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Accessing the wiring harness may very well reveal the problem. Removing the front bumper cover is relatively easy although vaguely recall the process. To the best of your knowledge, was the vehicle involved in any type of front-end collison?
I've seen no sign of any collision its a pretty stock car. I definitely think that I have a grounding issue. I also have a brake light coming on. Just the light and chime. No abs light. Possibly ground to level sensor. Still a work in progress but not deterred yet.

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Well, if it is in fact that low level brake warning circuit causing the "BRAKE" light an chime (an the fluid level is above the MIN range) "it" also relies on getting a good ground from that same grounding location that the low beam headlights require.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts