Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I read a bunch of posts and I am still confused as to if 1) Adapters/Spacers are safe and 2) how big should I go.

I have Giovanna 20x8.5s on all four conners running 255/20/35mm tires. I don't believe offset is relevant since I have not lowered the car or have done any suspension mods.

Modifications to fenders or additional body work is not an option. I simply just want to "flush" out the wheels. From what I can tell, adapters are the only way to go since the stock lugs bolt directly...

Any ideas/help is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
#1 I'm tempted to not help, because I hate hearing/seeing 'hellaflush'.

#2 It's gonna be hard to get the full flush (aka hellaflush) look you want without lowered. Tire/fender gap is going to exist in most cases without lowering.

#3 We'll need to know your offsets to let you know how far you can push them out. Being that they are only 8.5 wide, and you run a 255. You can probably get away with a 35 offset in the rear & front.

·
Registered
322 Posts
+1 #1

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey,

I hate saying HellaFlush but didn't know what else to call it lol. I checked and my rims are +35mm offset. Is there any worry about ride quality by doing this?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Hey,

I hate saying HellaFlush but didn't know what else to call it lol. I checked and my rims are +35mm offset. Is there any worry about ride quality by doing this?
Lol, how about flush?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
If you're +35, you're kinda close to the limit. You can maybe go 5mm more, but that's about it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
36 Posts
da fuq.

No where near. I run 8.5 +23 up front and 9.5 +25 rear on 245's and I still wouldn't call it "hellaflush" it's practical without been a pain in the ass and still looks good.

10 inch +20 is where the players play :)

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
da fuq.

No where near. I run 8.5 +23 up front and 9.5 +25 rear on 245's and I still wouldn't call it "hellaflush" it's practical without been a pain in the ass and still looks good.

Read his post, no rolling or fender work. Your reply isn't going to help many people.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
da fuq.

Ummmmm, no, that's not going to work for the op. he's staying stock sooooo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ummmmm, no, that's not going to work for the op. he's staying stock sooooo.
sometimes I forget the US cars need guard rolling, In Aus the Series 2 models come with the guards pre rolled more or less, just have to dremel the bumper bracket a few millemetres. About 5 seconds labour.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
sometimes I forget the US cars need guard rolling, In Aus the Series 2 models come with the guards pre rolled more or less, just have to dremel the bumper bracket a few millemetres. About 5 seconds labour.
Man, that would sure make things a lot easier over here.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just don't do it it looks retarded with flush wheels at stock ride height it makes the car look like a suv
Your better off leaving the wheels unless you are going to lower it
As much as I want to run a fitted set up on this car it makes too much power I need the tire. It's not for hard parking

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Everyone for all the replies! I may eventually lower the car but I definitely do not want to get into rolling fenders. I might just leave it after all...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts