Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1*
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking for a more aggressive spoiler that covers the factory holes, looks good, is functional and not hundreds of dollars I came across this. Anybody know about this? Its Charger Hellcat spoiler on G8 and it looks clean AF with the lines of the car far as I can tell. I reached out this guy and he said he got the spoiler from a friend who had it on a Hellcat. Thats all he knew.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Sky

Oh and before yall chew me out for putting his plate up, he has his plates displayed on all his you tube vids and social media.

Reactions: DE DORSETT

·
Registered
919 Posts
The fit isn't that bad. Looks decent, I'd say give it a shot.

Reactions: VBIED

·
Premium Member
7,868 Posts
Unsure what spoiler that is and certainly not my cup of tea. However, cannot you inquire one a YouTube video in the comment section?

·
1*
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unsure what spoiler that is and certainly not my cup of tea. However, cannot you inquire one a YouTube video in the comment section?
Well like I said it is in fact the Hellcat Charger spoiler for models 2015-present is all I know.

Not sure what your question is. But IMO ducktail spoilers look pretty rad on the G8 vs the lip spoiler it comes with. The lip seems more fitting to the V6 but for the more sporty GT and GXP they should have had something more aggressive. Only options I see is to pay a grand for a HSV pedestal style spoiler but then you have to cover holes and repaint the trunk... Thats not my cup of tea.

·
1*
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the helpful input!! Knew I could count on you haha!!

Have you seen the ducktail style spoilers on G8's before? There are a handful on this forum that have them. They look pretty rad IMO but those guys all had to build their own or pay MM nearly 500 bucks to get one in a year. Here is a option that you can get for under 200.00 bucks in less than a week. I mean this ducktail only raises up about 3 inches higher and extends off the back maybe 2 inches more than the lip spoiler that comes stock.

·
Premium Member
7,868 Posts
...Not sure what your question is. But IMO ducktail spoilers look pretty rad on the G8 vs the lip spoiler it comes with. The lip seems more fitting to the V6 but for the more sporty GT and GXP they should have had something more aggressive...
Misread the post :cautious:. Agree to disagree.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
There are larger lip spoilers available for the G8. Maverick Man, for instance had one available, may still have in fact. Also I think Intense had one as well?

·
1*
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are larger lip spoilers available for the G8. Maverick Man, for instance had one available, may still have in fact. Also I think Intense had one as well?
Thanks, Ill check out Intense.

I did talk about MM/Maverick Man while responding to MGMGXP as I have seen his spoiler which I think look bad ass. The downside there is they cost around 500 bucks and no telling when you will get it. Minimum 8 months most likely longer.

·
Premium Member
7,868 Posts
I don't hate it.
Hate is too weak of a word. All chiding aside, if you like it VBIED then go for it. Hopefully, things turn out as well or better than anticipated which ever route you choose to take. By the way, what color are you considering?

·
1*
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hate is too weak of a word. All chiding aside, if you like it VBIED then go for it. Hopefully, things turn out as well or better than anticipated which ever route you choose to take. By the way, what color are you considering?
I assume you're addressing me while replying to a comment I didnt make.

Whatever route I go, Ill leave it black. My car is getting wrapped in the next couple months after I have a body shop clean up all the rock chips in the front facia.

·
Registered
2009 Liquid Red GT 439WHP
75 Posts
Not gonna lie. It looks good.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Personally I’m one to stay original I like parts to fit like they are made for it, but that’s me if you like something different take a look at these ve hsv clubsport rear wings they fit straight to the g8

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Liquid Red GT 439WHP
75 Posts
Personally I’m one to stay original I like parts to fit like they are made for it, but that’s me if you like something different take a look at these ve hsv clubsport rear wings they fit straight to the g8

Those look fantastic only problem is shipping.

·
Registered
919 Posts
They're nice but having to fill in the holes not used on the trunk would be costly. If not for that I'd probably get one myself.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My G8 was unfortunately rear ended a few years ago and the trunklid needed to be repainted. I took the opportunity to have the shop fill the extra holes and install an HSV spoiler.

Reactions: BlueG8GT
1 - 20 of 24 Posts