Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals my name is Mike. I am a diesel mechanic, 26 and eager to pick up one of these bad boys. I always work on my own cars and try to make them unique. I had a 04 mustang gt, comp orange and I LOVED it. But now I am driving around a 08 impala that I need to sell. I have been checkin out some of your cars and they all look sick.

I just had a few questions about the g8 gt. I am about to pick one up, just waiting for "the one" :hail: Is there anything I should know about the years? Does one have more problems then the other one? I have been looking around and I cant seem to find anything. .. Anyways I will be cruizin around these forums checking stuff out, seems like a good one.

BTW I am lookin for a white one right now, until something changes my mine.

Oh and my name is the kind of Disc I use.... .... not really a stalker...... .. . . :secret:

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
The 2009.5 has bluetooth and cupholders that pull out of the front of the rear seat. 2008 had glove box lamp that was eliminated in 2009. White was made in both 2008 and 2009 so your chances of finding one is pretty good as it is one of the most popular colors.

Good luck finding what you are looking for, keep an eye on the cars for sale section here on the board.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
White is the best color indeed :wink2:
Wes: That is with the exception of Pacific Slate Metalic of course.

Silent: If you are in the Chicago Area check out the Chicago Holden Connection which is a late model GTO and G8 owner owners website that has regular events, cruises and get-togethers.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I would want a manual but i cant seem to find one... Are those only in the gxp style?
Only the GXP came in a manual, plan on paying 8-10K more for a GXP.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Welcome! Where about in IL are you? I can keep an eye out by me for any G8s that might interest you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks man. Im over in the joliet area. Found a couple GT's for 17-18k. Which is what i will probably try and keep it at.
Yeah lots of v6s for sale in the area. Couple gt's, black one at bill jacobs joliet if you want to test drive one. Or you can drive mine if you want to meet up sometime.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome and good luck on search.Having had the Base LY7 , they are fun to drive BUT go for the GT. LOTS MORE room to make her a real BEAST.Check on the cars for sale section, a few GT'S on here for sale. People are flying across the states to get one and drive her back....

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Damn man your car is nice. Maybe i will add that pacific slate into the search...
Thanks, It is a daily drive that I take really good care of.

If you want to be different 2008 only color: Ignition Orange Metalic <1000 made.

2009 only colors: Stricker Blue <1600, 2009 Pacific Slate Metalic <1800

In your price range you will likely end up getting a 2008. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
I'd say keep looking around for a V8.

I'm from Orland Park myself! Should come to one of my meets sometime. :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I'd say keep looking around for a V8.

I'm from Orland Park myself! Should come to one of my meets sometime. :)
Keep looking man, there will be a deal out there. You might have to drive for it, I had to, but it was worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Well it seems the prices went up damnit. Might have to go with a v6, which would suck. Guess no racing for me....
Hold out til you have the extra several grand. You really want the V8 and the 6 speed auto trans. Believe me wait til you can get what you want or you will regret it. I get 24 mpg on the highway with the V8, so the base model will not save you a ton of money if you do highway driving. As for the city, I just cannot keep my foot out of it, it is too fun to drive and I'm only getting 13-14 in the city.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
In addition to what I said before, as well as others, I waited for a long time to find my GXP, which I've had two just over two weeks and about 4k miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow. Went to the credit union for a loan for the car. 20k. Got approved but they want 10.99% interest and 20% down. F that. Are they serious??? My credits not the best (650) but damn...

On to the next one.... Sucks because i found a white gt for 18k.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.