Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!!

The name's Greg, and I have been lurking around this forum for a couple of months now, and finally decided it was time to join!

I bought my 2009 G8 GT back in October of 2012. Didn't need too, but I saw a white V6 on a lot local to me one night, and decided I had to get a G8. White Hot with the Sports and Premium packages. Wanted one of these ever since they came to the US, and it became one of my 3 dream cars (the other 2 being a 1987 Buick GNX and a 1996 Dodge Viper). I've only put about 1000 miles on it since purchasing it (stored for winter), but I have managed get get a Rotofab CAI and Solo Mach cat-back exhaust installed - it was way too quiet stock!

My other cars/projects are a 2001 Bonneville SSEi with a few mods; a 1995 LeSabre with a boat load of mods; and a 1984 Caprice Classic wagon that will become a complete restoration project within the next few years.

I'm very familiar with the GM 3800 and H-body platform, but the G8 is very new too me, so I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from this forum. There is already a lot of info here, and I know I'm going to be spending a lot of time here reading!

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Welcome from another Buckeye! Hope you enjoy the site! Try and get some pics up when you can!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yep, lived in the Buckeye state my whole life! Did spend a few years in Georgia while I was in school, but other than that I've been in Ohio.

I've already learned a lot from this site, and there are so many mods I'm learning about, but just don't have the funds yet!

I'll get pics up tomorrow, as my work day is coming to an end, and I'll probably be taking a spin in the G8 tonight!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome and Enjoy, were on the zeta platform , same as the camaro. There is a TON to learn from here.I'm up here in Youngstown, keep a eye out for a thread about a meet in Medina in a month or two.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome. I drove to Cambridge to buy my g8. Are you a zep?

Shaun

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I'll be looking forward to meeting other G8 owners in person!

Zep? Not sure what that is, so I guess it means I'm not, lol!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those interested in pics, here are a few!

G8 - pretty much stock exterior:

My 2001 Bonneville SSEi (these were taken in '09, but it still looks the same):

And, my baby - a 1995 Buick LeSabre Custom that is heavily modded in terms of visual (these pics are also from '09, but I had to park the car due to rotted fuel and brake lines, and it's looks have gone down hills since):

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
About time you got to posting on here Greg! :p

I still can't wait to see your car in person...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heya, Will! I know, I am such a procrastinator!

Someday we'll both get a chance to see each others cars. I'll need to caravan all three once I get the LeSabre back on the road!

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Lol! For the first time ever I had both of my cars side by side on the highway last weekend. I'm letting my friend Lucas drive the T/A until his car gets fixed.

By the way, the GXP is faster. By a lot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, that explains why he was talking about a T/A on Facebook, because I didn't think he had one. But yeah, that LS3 is a beast! Most other cars are just prey to that GXP!

I want to get at least one pic of all three of mine together sometime this summer (even though the Buick is in a real need of a repaint).

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Yeah he's talking about my T/A. Lol

I wish that T/A was picture worthy, there would be more of them together. But as it is I'm more willing to sell that car than ever, now that I have the GXP. Regardless of how little I want to the money would be nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, that's how I feel. I could sell any of my others, and the money would be nice, but I don't know if I could let go.

The Bonneville is my temperamental DD; the LeSabre is the first car I bought myself and first car I ever modded, and I've had lots of fun in it over the years; and the the Caprice was the first car my parents ever bought new, the family vacation car, and it holds many of the memories of my dad.

So, you can see my dilemma, lol!

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
The T/A has been a giant pain in my ass since day 1. If I could have made it work I would have kept my SSEi and dumped the T/A. Also trying to sell the 66 Cutlass but that's about as likely as selling the T/A, as much as I want to nobody wants to give me what I need for them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, that would be another problem, trying to get what they are worth.

Couldn't get any real value from the Buick, and I'd be low-balled all over town with the Caprice (and chances are it'd wind up as a derby car, as many have met their fate that way in this part of the state).

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
I'd make more from the T/A in parts. But the thing is, the most desirable parts of it, the motor and trans I built, are the two things I would want to keep from a partout.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those 3rd gen F-bodies get raped around here at the U-pull junkyards. Once, I saw up to 15 guys on one, taking it apart piece by piece. Don't know if they were part of the same group, friends, or complete strangers, but they weren't going to leave a single bolt behind.

Parts do seem to be hot stuff for those cars.

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Because not only were they poorly built to begin with, they got beaten their whole lives generally. Mine has a lot of nice parts on it still, from the factory, so I could make money, but I either want it gone forever or finished and it stays until I die. I'm at that point now, where I have to decide.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I'm not going to swing you in either direction, as I feel that choice is completely up to you.

But I feel the same with my LeSabre. I so badly want to get the car finished, but from this point in my life, I can't see that finish line yet. I'm hoping to see something by the time this summer ends.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.