Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Although I'm not strictly a new member (I did join a few months ago to ask some questions about G8s), I am new to G8 ownership.

Just purchased a 2009 G8 GT with Premium and Sport Packages. Sport Red Metallic and 17k miles on the clock. The only options that I'm aware of that it does not have are the sunroof and the bluetooth radio.

I had been looking at G8s for a while, but never found one that was exactly what I wanted. Every G8 I found for sale in the Twin Cities, MN area was either the wrong color (Black is too hard to keep clean, and I don't think White looks good on these cars), too many miles or way to expensive. Finally, I found this car online through AutoTrader. It was located at a private dealership in the Chicago area. Called the dealer up, talked through the car with him, had them take it to a local Chevy dealer for an inspection and, once we came to a deal over the phone, I immediately jumped in my car with my wife for the seven hour trip there to buy the car. We didn't get there until 8:30 p.m. last Saturday, but, even though the dealership was closed by that time, the sales guy stuck around for us. A great experience all around!

The car already had a Corsa Cat-back as well as some form of cold air intake. No markings on the intake, so I have no idea what intake it actually is.

I have to say I LOVE this car. My previous ride was a 2008 Impala SS that I loved dearly and this is infinitely more car than it could have every have hoped to be.

I guess I've spent enough time rambling. Time for some pictures!

The first picture I took of the car, right after we arrived at the dealership:

The hotel parking lot the morning after purchase:

After I brought her home:

And the mystery cold air intake. Anyone have any idea what specific intake this is?

At any rate, glad to be part of the G8 community now!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Greetings. Check the Anyone from MN thread, there are a handful of guys in the MNSP area that meet.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's a RotoFab.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a RotoFab.
I see you have a RotoFab. Good, bad, indifferent?

Thanks for the info! Appreciated!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like it. It was the first mod I did and I was impressed by the sound and seat of the pants difference. The Corsa exhaust is a little too quiet for my liking at idle but sounds nice when you wind it up a bit. Now you need the headers and HFCs to go with the rest. Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
933 Posts
The Kooks Mids come with cats and bolt right up to stock sized catbaks like the Corsa system. With those, your existing mods and a good tune you'll be at around 340-350hp at the rear wheels. :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome and congrats! My twin! Well, when it was totally stock, haha.
Heh. :)

Not going to do much in the way of appearance mods to the car. I like the stock look. May want to get a GXP rear defuser as I can already tell that honeycomb on the back will be crap to keep clean. Now I just got to figure out how to get a GXP rear defuser...

Congrats on finding a clean, low-mileage GT! The RotoFab is a nice CAI and you can't go wrong with Corsa.
Thanks! I looked for quite a while. Unfortunately, couldn't find a reasonably priced low mileage car here in the Twin Cities and had to travel for this one. Ah well. It made for a nice road trip.

Never even heard of RotoFab before I bought this car. If it came with the car, I'm glad it's a good one! I personally prefer the Magnaflow sound over the Corsa (more deep rumble, whereas the Corsa is more angry growl), but this will do for the time being.

The Kooks Mids come with cats and bolt right up to stock sized catbaks like the Corsa system. With those, your existing mods and a good tune you'll be at around 340-350hp at the rear wheels. :)
I'm hoping to really get into some "go" mods, but the car still has a year left on the power-train warranty, so some stuff (like a tune) will have to wait.

Actually, that makes me think of a question that will show some of my ignorance: how could I find out if the car has already been tuned? The only history I have on the car is the CarFax (dealer had no history on the car and would not share the previous owner's contact info). It could very well be tuned and I simply don't know it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.