Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
The first circled item is part of the rack-n-pinon assembly. Unsure exactly which part is inquired about in the second picture.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I'm interested to know how you got a rack that doesn't have that already attached. Don't know what it's called though. Mine leaked and I had to replace the whole rack.

Maybe it's the pinion?

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Maybe not the pump when I look closer..

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Tangent topic: Now would be the best time to install a bigger sway bar.

Reactions: GT Envy

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
Yep, realized my error after I posted... I think the part he needs is post #4.

But, hey, I could be wrong. Ask the wife, I ain't perfect.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Post 4 has a whole rack. He needs the small part of the rack that the steering shaft attaches to, and may include the spindle gear. I can't find the rack in partial form at all, so I don't know what he has...

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
After a half hour of looking earlier today, I couldn't find that individual part either. I could only find it on the steering shaft.

Maybe someone else will have better luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After a half hour of looking earlier today, I couldn't find that individual part either. I could only find it on the steering shaft.

Maybe someone else will have better luck.
I appreciate you for taking your time to look !
I was trying to avoid buying the whole rack & pinion but it seems like that’s what I’m have to do.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
I couldn't find a separate part number. Maybe a little more looking, it will turn up.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
So did you pull the old one apart, is that how you got where you are?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The first circled item is part of the rack-n-pinon assembly. Unsure exactly which part is inquired about in the second picture.
The second picture is the part I’m looking for.
So did you pull the old one apart, is that how you got where you are?
that’s how I bought the car. I’m gonna put engine this week.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
No, he's missing the part of the rack that the intermediate shaft connects to. Those 3 lines hanging in the air want to connect to it too.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
1,115 Posts
This is getting comical to read. ..smiles..

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think you mean the intermediate shaft, part number 92213664. Discontinued by GM.
No, he's missing the part of the rack that the intermediate shaft connects to. Those 3 lines hanging in the air want to connect to it too.
I wondered about that, but there's nothing showing in the parts diagrams between the steering shaft and the rack. Those diagrams are a bit confusing anyway. I'll keep looking.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts