Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

Bought a White hot 2009 Pontiac G8 GPX a few months ago and am looking for a reputable dealer to take her to for routine maintenance, oil changes, and warrantee work.

Yes, I'd like to do the work myself, but sometimes work and family just make it impossible to take the time out.

I purchased the car from a GM dealership in Renton and the sales guys seemed nice enough, and their "performance department" rocked, but I wasn't pleased when the Service Manager was rubbing his boots on my nice clean interior.

I need my rear main seal replaced and would like to have it done by the best. :)

Thanks, and maybe I'll be seeing ya.
Keith

·
Registered
947 Posts
Where is Renton?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops, sorry about that. A state would probably help.

Renton, WA, just south of Seattle.

My brother took his GTO to a Pontiac dealership in Puyallup and was satisfied with them, but I'd figure I'd what everybody else has to say.

·
PNWG8 Member
450 Posts
kirkland pontiac gmc buick is a really good place to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
At least so far, I've good experiences with the Kirkland Pontiac dealership as well. In fact, I had my G8 GT there this week week for its second oil change & tire rotation service at the Kirkland dealership. I made the appointment online, showed up on time, and they had the car back to me 45-minutes later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I scheduled an appointment with the Kirkland Pontiac dealership.

The main reason I picked this one over the others recommended is that it's the only one that is in shuttle distance from work.

The service manager was very nice on the phone and answered all of my questions. He didn't rush or try to get me off the phone. He blocked off an entire day for my service and said they'd take care of a rental\temp car if they needed the car overnight for the rear main.

I'll reply back with the rest of my experience after Thursday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got my car back from Kirkland Pontiac.

I got the oil changed, and they did a full inspection. The first thing that impressed me was that the tech threw down a paper mat before he got into the car so I could show him a rattle I have.

The shuttle service was fast and prompt.

One thing that I am curious about though... Is it normal for somebody at the dealership to drive your car during a full inspection? No work was performed outside of the oil change and inspection (they couldn't find the source of the rattle), but the car was driven 3 miles, and by my mileage counter, pretty agressive (17mpg to 15.4 mpg over the course of 3 miles with a total of 44 miles on the counter).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, I got my car back from Kirkland Pontiac.

I got the oil changed, and they did a full inspection. The first thing that impressed me was that the tech threw down a paper mat before he got into the car so I could show him a rattle I have.

The shuttle service was fast and prompt.

One thing that I am curious about though... Is it normal for somebody at the dealership to drive your car during a full inspection? No work was performed outside of the oil change and inspection (they couldn't find the source of the rattle), but the car was driven 3 miles, and by my mileage counter, pretty agressive (17mpg to 15.4 mpg over the course of 3 miles with a total of 44 miles on the counter).
It might not have been driven hard, but sat idling which causes the MPG display to drop off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts