Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, but I've been a member of many different performance vehicle forums. Love what y'all have going here. Anyway, I'm currently trying to sell my Jeep SRT8 in order to pick up a G8 GT for a more "practical" daily driver. Hopefully I'll have some leftover for a project truck (lightning) later on.

Anyone happen to recognize this car?: http://www.advantagebmwhouston.com/details/Used+2009+Pontiac+G8+4dr Sdn GT+6G2EC57Y89L202965

It's got a CAI, along with those wheels so I'm assuming he at least visited here before trading it in. I might go check it out one day and would love to know its history.

-Vince

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome. Im also from Louisiana.

The G8 in the link appears to also have at least a axle-back exhaust.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I'm originally from BR with family in Gonzales and my sister is looking to move to Prairieville soon.

And yeah, thanks, I thought those looked aftermarket, but wasn't sure. I would use the fact that it's modded to try to talk them down to 16-17k... Idk, I'm already coming up with big plans in my head but still have to get my Jeep sold

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy the site and good luck with your search!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome from lousiana also and also own a jeep srt and g8.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from lousiana also and also own a jeep srt and g8.
That's a crazy coincidence! I also lived in BR til 2 years ago. Wish I could have both...I'm jealous.

If anyone in LA knows of a G8 for sale, let me know! There's a good chance the Jeep will be sold by the wekkend.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure did! a 2009 PSM sport/premium and I love it! Traded my Jeep in on it and felt like I got a fairly good deal. I've been wanting to post pics but I'm currently in the busiest month of my life...Once I find some free time, I'll post all about it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hot damn, you found one! We need to meet up!

I saw a White Hot yesterday with camaro wheels up near Blanchard, and I know there's a SBM that lives near my old house in Broadmoor.

STRYKER_BLUE_09 where in Louisiana are you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definitely man! I swear, I've seen more on the road since I bought it. It's weird...I saw a silver one on east 70th yesterday

·
Supercharged Moderator
2,419 Posts
Welcome!! South Louisiana here also. Have two lurking friends who are also GT owners. One is interested in setting up a meet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yea we need a louisiana meet

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A Louisiana meet would be awesome!

I really am loving the G8! I ended up buying one from a dealer in Baytown, TX while I was visiting family in Lake Charles. I traded in my Jeep for a little over $25k and talked them down to $18,500 for the G8, so I felt like I got a pretty good deal. Here's a couple pics:

The day I bought her:

A few I just took in the driveway today:

Things I've already done:
Debadged GM chiclets and the "pontiac" on the trunk...might do more
Sharkfin antenna (my mind/eyes played tricks on me throughout the install...pretty sure it's not centered haha)
Clear side markers
Removed front license plate bracket...front bumper needs some tlc from a body shop
Replaced both belts with gatorback belts because they were squealing big time

Things I plan on doing
CAI (Vararam or roto-fab...can't decide)
Exhaust (solo mach balanced..maybe high flow cats too? or keep stock exhaust and add high flow cats/headers?)
GXP Diffuser
FE3 struts and new bushings/bearings
Brakes
Dyno-tune

So far, this has been my favorite vehicle to work on that I've owned. Mostly because I can actually reach most things under the hood that I'm working on. This may be because it's my first car instead of a truck/SUV.

Which brings me to another point...I averaged around 25-26 mpg on the drive back up to Shreveport! I filled it up a week ago today and still have over half a tank...best feeling in the world considering I was filling up every 5 days with the Jeep (11mpg).

Can't wait to see what the future has in store for my G8!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice man, congrats.

First thing I did was debadge mine the same way you did yours, just left the "GT" and "G8" on there.

Gas mileage sounds good, from here to Dallas I was getting about 24-25 (pre-tune, and cruising at about 80mph the whole way). From Monroe to Shreveport I got 27-28 (post-tune and cruising about 72mph the whole way).

Around town it wasn't so good obviously, stop and go I get around 15-16mpg.
I now live on the north side of Cross Lake, so a lot of my driving is cruising at 50mph, I generally average a bit over 18mpg now around town, which isn't bad.

Love the pics, how many miles?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
72,000...so on the high side, but that's fine with me since I plan on keeping it til she craps out. Glad to see your mpg got even better after the tune!

I'm going to get with you whenever I have time to get a few performance things....especially the tune. I can tell this V8 is really being held back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not bad, mine had about 65,000 when I got it.
Yeah man shoot me a PM whenever.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks like we're getting more and more G8s around here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts